ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (107/112) > >>

tomos:
Just put together a sketch for the SnapSuite 2009 splash screen (took me about 30 seconds). I found it rather amusing (was listening to “Having Trouble Sneezing” by Mark Mothersbaugh while I made it).

You can't tell me that that isn't at least a little amusing. C'mon. You know you smiled ;) ;D
-wreckedcarzz (August 31, 2008, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D  love it Brandon  :Thmbsup:

wreckedcarzz:
Thanks tom :) ;D

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, MiniBrowse is making major progress - I am one awesome debugger! :P (I was seriously going from bug to bug fixing everything I found, 6 in total)

Buglist:
Spoiler[FIXED]Error occurs when a tab is opened a while second new tab is loading a page. 
[FIXED]When tab is closed with no remaining tabs an error message shown, disable this.
[FIXED]When closing a tab, the first tab in the list is selected.
[FIXED]When the last tab is closed, the first is selected.
[FIXED]When first tab is closed, none are selected.
[FIXED]Home page not accessible if navigation has not taken place (due to webbrowser not being
created).

Tabs are now fully functional, with no (known) bugs! I am going to ask my friend to "do whatever possible to break it" tomorrow at lunch, and I'll see what he makes of it (when you let a teenager (ex: me, but I can't because I made it, and it's better to have someone "outside of the box") go insane with a piece of experimental computer software, you find REALLY wierd bugs ;D). There are only a couple basic functionality items missing, and it is far from perfect, but it works great, and it doesn't take a whole screen's worth of space*.

(*MiniBrowse is my first program to be NON 800x600 compatible - the address bar had to be long to not look awkward, and therefore MiniBrowse runs, by default, in 900x600. Sorry!)

I attatched an image, not much new, but it shows the new size (I increased it a bit for myself). Control+T and Control+W hotkeys have worked since my first post about MB, just FYI. I plan on making as many standard shortcuts as possible. A Preferences window is also in the works.

(TBH, I am proud that I got this tabs thing down, and now I can apply it to various other things, if needed, later on - it is really cool once you get it working)

-Brandon

EDIT: Take note that the RAM usage there in the image is running with the Visual Studio IDE, and (hopefully!) does not reflect the actual RAM usage. CPU usage is reasonably precise though.

EDIT 2: Example of "REALLY wierd bugs": "I like clicked this button like 5 million times and it like... started freaking out, so I hit the Close button like a ton of times, and then it showed this error." (That actually helped me fix a problem with the tabs on Friday.)

Veign:
Something you may be interested in is my Usage Monitor.  Lets you tracks processes and set alerts as you look for memory leaks.  I created this to help remove memory leaks in applications I was developing.

wreckedcarzz:
Cool! IMO I am more worried about efficiency and CPU usage, but that will definitely come in handy. Thanks Veign! :)

(I found another bug, might be the reason for the high RAM usage, it wasn't closing tabs properly. Fixed now.)

Oh, and before I forget, I might end up renaming the browser ("Africa" for some reason sprung to my mind today while brainstorming :huh:), but here is an idea for a splash screen (to go with the theme I have so far):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version