ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (101/112) > >>

mouser:
Looks very good but it's not clear to me what "Stay On" maintenance means.

tomos:
Looks great Brandon - love the brush!

(maybe "Stay On maintainance" should be simply called "maintainance" ? )

Josh:
Always on?

wreckedcarzz:
Looks very good but it's not clear to me what "Stay On" maintenance means.
-mouser (August 05, 2008, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

As opposed to the other two options, this one keeps your computer on (instead of Shutting down or Rebooting). I'll change it to something like "Normal Maintenance" or something like that. :)

Updates:
I fixed a couple GUI inconsistencies and added a bit of functionality (and some light humor):

When you start the program, the sound of an SUV taking off at full throttle is heard for about 9 seconds. Not too loud, but I have seen similar things in other programs (Steven Gould's CleanUp! makes a "toilet flushing" sound when you click the CleanUp button, for example). I also added another question answer to the side, and fixed text running off the bottom button.

I gave a copy to one of my friends from school and he seemed to like it over the normal SystemCare, so that is a step in the right direction (this friend basically relies on SC to keep the computer running; when I go to explain how it works he kind of does that head bob and goes off to Candy Land world ;D)

It is done, I just want to add another question and fix the "Stay On" issue, and I'll post it up here. :) Updated image attached.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, I think FloorIt is ready for primetime. There are a few noticeable changes from previous programs, the most obvious being an EULA. (It basically says don't take it apart, don't alter it, and I don't take responsibility if your house becomes a smoldering pile because you used it :P). See, any idiot can be a lawyer, too! ;D

(click for EULA) - it can be noted that this has been setup to be usable in all my programs, as it does not specify a program name, but defines "Program" as anything and everything within the setup EXE.
SpoilerWreckedcarzz's Software License, v1.0

Wording:
"Program" refers to all files included within this packaged setup executable.
"Warranty" refers to required payment or assistance from the Author.
"Author" refers to Mr. Brandon Seal
"Yourself" refers to the end user(s) of this Program

Warranty:
This Program lacks a Warranty, implied or assumed. The Author takes no responsibility or liability for and damage, loss, or other negative action that may occur whilst using this program.

License and distribution:
This Program is donationware. You may not redistribute it and charge, monetary or otherwise, for access to the Program. The Author accepts donations for the work of the Program, however only the Author may do so.

The Program may be freely distributed if this following qualifications are met:
-The program's setup file is intact and has not been altered in any way, shape, or form
-You are not charging the recipient for the Program

Source code:
This Program is closed source. You may not:
-Reverse engineer it
-Attempt, in any way, to retrieve any/all source code within the Program
-Change program components
-Alter the program and redistribute it

If you obtain any source code for this program from the Author, it is to be used for personal use only, and/or for collaboration between Yourself and the Author.

Media and/or other methods of reviewing or special distribution:
Before placing this in any type of Media, be it located Online or broadcast over Radio or Television, you must retrieve the Author's permission. The only exception to this is for the Online website www.donationcoder.com - ALL OTHERS MUST CONTACT THE AUTHOR.

Legal action:
If it is found that you have broken any of the above terms, you are subject to legal action. If you have a question about this License, stop and do not accept it- contact the Author before proceeding. Accepting this license makes you subject to the above terms, and binds you to abide by them. If you do not accept this License, you may NOT use the Program and you are required to delete all copies of the Program from your possession immediately.

There are three "Common Questions" on the right side of the app:
"Why can't I run "Registry Optimization" in "Standard" maintenance mode?"
"How long will it take to complete all the tasks?"
"What type of maintenance should I do?"

I hope that the answers will help users to better understand what to do and the duration of a task (depending on their computers condition).

FloorIt has been tested and I don't know of any problems with it. It should, if an irregular situation is to occur (ex: a program is missing), go on and ignore the issue without alerting you. This can be good or bad, depending on the way that you look at it, but it is better for the majority.

Anyways, download away!
-Brandon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version