ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (10/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Thanks tomos, it means a lot. Glad to see you got your sound up and running :)
I skimmed through the defragging thread and Curt sent me a PM to one of the apps listed in the thread, one of the registry defragmenters. I am going to test it in the next day or two and see what it can do. I *THINK* (bad memory) I have heard of and used for a day or two JkDefrag - but I had the command prompt interface and it didn't help (about 2 years ago). I will look into that as well though.
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
OK, some big news here...
I have programmed my first actual "program" in AutoHotKey. Actually, 2 programs. And they are both made to make both your and my life easier. How? Well, let me explain.

Program 1:
CompuTech AutoMaintenance Setup & Configuration
This little program lets you download all 6 programs that are used in program 2, install them, and configure them to work with program 2. And it goes step-by-step. Simple right? Well, it should be. *NOTE* I have not tested this program. I REALLY need a tester that has none of the programs on their computer to get with me on AIM/MSN Messenger/Yahoo Messenger and beta test it for me. If you can please PM me.

Program 2:
CompuTech AutoMaintenance
This is the actual program you use regularly (Task Scheduler for all you forgetful people like me) to clean, fix and optimize your computer. It now (thanks to wr975) is 100% automatic and is ready for public release. It runs all 6 programs with no user input (except for a couple info dialogs at the beginning) and restarts the computer afterwards. I have tested it on my home computers and it works amazingly.

So, summing up, running the first program lets new users get started and the second program lets everyone keep their computer in perfect condition, with next to no input (I am going to the AHK site now to look into making the info boxes time out so you can schedule it to run in the middle of the night).

Just FYI: Anyone can contact me/add me to their instant messenger contact list anytime, just PM me and I will send the names/addresses to you.

I will post the files here in a few hours (after I wake up around noon my time :P).
-Brandon

Darwin:
Brandon - don't you sleep?! Are you home schooled or something? Just curious as I wonder how you are able to work on all this and still get to school everyday!

wreckedcarzz:
Actually I have been out of school for almost a month :)
And yea, I get up around 11 AM and go to sleep around 1 AM (and fall asleep around 1:30-2AM).
I fit in working on Maze Craze, working on my little programs and playing games along with everything else. Not really a big deal though.

Darwin:
Out of school for almost a month?! Luxury! You must start in August then? Around here they start on the Tuesday after Labour Day (first Monday in September) and go to around the end of the third week in June.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version