ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (73/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
OK, all fixed. No clue what happened exactly, as I am too exhausted to remember what I did 10 minutes ago. External EXEs are now working, and a new setup file is uploaded. The update feed is also updated to notify users of the fix.

Download away: http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/SnapSuite 2008.exe

-Brandon

P.S.: Donations are greatly appreciated, as I am saving up money to purchase myself some new computer components. If you like my program, please try to donate. Even $1 helps. :)

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, I found the bug! It was a tricky little one, but it is all squished now :P

All programs will now open correctly (I have given it a quick testing to verify it, and scanned the code about 8 times while building and testing and rebuilding and retesting)...

Well, I am going to be totally honest. There is nothing interesting in this update. It is just a minor update and bugfix. (I am fixing lots of little known quirks as I type this post - nothing that could be noticed unless you had the code, but nonetheless)

I hope that this is a good and bug-free release, although I know it is not. I always find something wrong after I upload a new version, so expect another post in the near future explaining the new problem and what can be done to temporarily fix it ;D

In all seriousness, though, I hope this works well for everyone this time around. I know stuff like this can be annoying.

You can follow the usual NEW updater process via opening SnapSuite and clicking the Update link on the front page and updating, OR by going to http://www.incredisims.com/ and getting the new setup manually.

Hope you enjoy!

-Brandon

NOTE: The update IS NOW LIVE! :)

wreckedcarzz:
After a brutal undertaking of organization, I am happy to say that I will be able to much more efficiently and easily work with the SnapSuite programming files (and everything else linked in, like icons, AHK files, dlls...). It was a total guess-and-check process, but it allowed me to get rid of a ton of unneeded things that VB had pointlessly created (no, I did not break SnapSuite either - I am running it right now :)), and let me better organize myself to get to things quicker and more simply. :)

Not much going on development-wise, just checking for bugs/errors and trying to find out if I can really execute my far-fetched want to make a "SnapSuite - Linux Edition". Xubuntu is on my portable USB drive, so we shall see...maybe...

(if anyone knows anything about basic Linux programming, any help would be make me unspeakably grateful)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
ALRIGHT! I don't like to double post (although I do it often) but this has been driving me insane for the last week and a half (and I just about ripped my hair out about 20 minutes ago)- I can now say that I have DcUpdater support for SnapSuite! :D

This is going to be a bit of a pain to remember to update the version info and whatnot every time, but it should make updates a whole lot easier on everyone else. I have made a "checklist" file that I am going to follow when I do updates now, so that I don't have to go back and do 10 steps again.

I will NOT be posting the update today (Friday) and most likely not Saturday either - if you use DcUppdater and want to try it out for yourself, I can send you the .dcupdater file if you want (I don't see why anyone would want this, but you never know). I just want to make sure everything is working before I rush out and say "Here you go!" :)

EDIT: Yes, I am on version 2.3. Everyone else is on 2.2 - that is not a typo.

mouser:
congrats  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version