ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (71/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
News update: Possible change in anti-virus system, new bug found.

Antivirus change:

A bug has been found in the current Trend Micro antivirus scanner when ran under SnapSuite, so I have been surfing around looking for a new scanner. It looks like the BitDefender online scanner, http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html, will be the replacement.

New bug: Hitting "Enter" to activate a SmartBrowse URL now clears history instead of browsing to the URL.

This is due to the click location I set in AutoHotkey, and not a software problem. I am fixing this now.

Expect an update soon.

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Fresh build uploading now, has new BitDefender scanner (BETA) and bugfix for Enter problem.

Run, Update, Enjoy :)

-Brandon

EDIT: Visual Basic didn't save my changes on the BitDefender, so I must fix that now too. :(

EDIT 2: Don't download, I have to re-upload...

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, I have no idea what I am doing or what is going on. Right now my brain is about as intelligent as a boulder.

I am trying to develop a better download, install, and uninstall system for deployment, as there are countless problems with Microsoft's built in publishing system. What I plan to do is publish via VB, and take the files out and offer a custom installer as well as a fully portable version. However problems may occur and bla bla bla...so don't take this as a final word. Files on the server may be screwy, and SnapSuite may malfunction and try to update and fail and...well, essentially, we have issues. Bottom line: Don't run SnapSuite if you don't have to for the next day or two as I fix this mess.

I am sorry for all this crap going on, but I am working to get it fixed. Just please hang tight :Thmbsup:

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, a huge change in how things are done, and hopefully the transition will go smoothly.

I am now using the open-source install creator Inno Setup. This will do the following things:

Pros:
Easier install, more options. User now has program installed to \Program Files\SnapSuite 2008
Smaller file
Less problems with install (error messages)
Less bandwith usage on the DCISV server

Cons:
Auto-update function lost
Takes slightly longer to install

I am hoping to get a new auto-updater (or some type or update notification) working here soon

Deozaan:
I am hoping to get a new auto-updater (or some type or update notification) working here soon
-wreckedcarzz (March 09, 2008, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Make it compatible with DCUpdater.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version