ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help

<< < (31/112) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Alright, its been a long week. And I mean long. Gosh I am tired...

Anyways, I have uploaded the latest version, it has a couple changes, couple program combinations, few name changes, etc. Not much major. SimpleOpen is still dead, and to be completely honest, I haven't had time/energy to search, download, install, find default install folder & main program exe, set it, save the script, close the program, uninstall it, and repeat that 15 times. It will be updated soon, just after I sleep for about 48 hours to get my brain back from the road 3 miles ago ;D.

I am waiting, killing time basically with these releases. CCleaner is (as far as I can tell) almost done :) so the final version will be ready soon (hopefully). Curt was nice enough to send me an e-mail with feedback, so I will be working on that as well.

Enough talking, more downloading...
http://www.mediafire.com/?3lxgdvxw4ix

Enjoy! :)
-Brandon

EDIT:  :o Wow...7 pages...

wreckedcarzz:
OK, I have been continuously crushing code for the last few days, creating, finding, fixing bugs, adding features, testing over and over and over and OVER, and making compiled exes, finding that they don't work, and making completed installers to find that the programs don't work... ;D

EDIT: I had a changelog here but Safari for Windows (Beta 3) tossed it, and it took me about 30 minutes to write, so I am not going to type it again (time I don't have, unfortunately). Sorry- just know its a lot of changes ;D

Here is what I am going to do (things will get marked off as they are completed):

- Switching Registry cleaner to Abexo (unless someone has a complaint about it, I have no reason not to change it)

- Leave EasyOpen (from the Top 3 programs you use thread) alone. I will include the AHK code so you can edit as you please, but it was too overwelming to sort through it all, and I doubt many would use just those exact apps anyways, so a waste of my time and a waste of disk space for many, IMO it is better that way.

- Ensure everything works - this is a top priority for me, I don't want to have any bugs anywhere.

- Include CCleaner 2.0!

- Add links to donate to Walt (Loki15) who has been helping me out. (Donate links for me have always been in all program tray menus)

- Add UAC disabler

- Try to fix WinFix

- Misc changes

Input is always requested!
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
OK, I just threw together a summarized changelog/list of plans...the list of plans is the same length as the changelog, so the project has a lot of work to do- but I am very satisfied with it. :)

Here goes:

Changes with CompuTech CommandCenter V1.0

Smart Loading - Enhanced loading for all programs
Quick switch - on-demand, instant program reaction. switch tasks without lag time
Ease of use - enhanced interfaces in all programs, informaion boxes on first run of all programs
Code Cleaned - removed unneeded code to enhanced speed and eliminate errors
Code Enhanced - changed many lines of code to speed up and make the programs "smarter"
AI - now uses "AI" for several functions
Dual donations - donate to Brandon OR Walt
Easy Donate - first-run donation request box (10 sec duration) makes donating a snap
Squeezed and chopped - smaller, more compact, and better layout means a smaller file size and easier code maintenance
Code Editing - planning for updates, much of the code of all the programs has been organized for easy maintenance for future versions
Program Combinations - now just 5 programs, and they are more efficient, too
CommandCenter - open programs and update the system easily & quickly
Hassle-free setup - setup for users of all experience levels
EasyOpen is Open Source (partially) - add your own programs to EasyOpen and remove the ones you don't want (just don't use the code anywhere else and follow the guidelines in the script at the top)
Simpler setup - 1 package = less hassle
Cleaner registry/Program Files - the single package setup keeps your registry and Program Files folder uncluttered
Smart Technology - added almost 1,000 improvements, and more are coming!

Plans:
DCUppdater compatible?
FileForum hosted?
Easier layout?
AHK-based install?
Better looking icons?
More programs?
Shareware (it is getting complex writing all of this, but if I do this DC supporting members WILL get about 75% off - where else can you get a $2.50 program)? <-- just to clarify on this, I don't plan on doing this unless it gets really popular and becomes difficult maintaining it (so don't expect it to happen :P
More step-by-step oriented?
More graphical GUI?
Easier setup?
Eliminate CCleaner and CleanUp and replace with EasyErase/EasyWash?
Even SMALLER file size?
Hosted on FileHippo?
Hosted on Download.com?
Extensive help file(s)?
Proper webpage (fixed and cleaned version of current ones)?
Portable version?
UNIX/LINUX VERSION?

Also - last second update here...
I had a semi-working Updater going for me earlier today, and it failed on me. It will be taken out until the next version.
WinFix will most likely be renamed- and the code is still dead, so that will be taken out until the next version as well.

I am building the final couple test versions now, just making sure everything works. I am going to upload it tomorrow (thats my plan, anyways) and it will be a link to the Maze Craze site (its 10MB, max size permitted on forum uploads is 8MB, and my normal website is still not taking EXEs and corrupting my ZIPs... >:() so don't be startled.

Any feedback or questions or anything I will take in tomorrow, I have a birthday party to go to, so plenty of coding time :D

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz:
Here it is, 3.3 Final :)

(See 2 posts down for updated fixes in 3.3.1)

Here are the install procedures...

New users (part I):
Download installer
Install (default directory, please!)
Once install is done program will launch automatically
All programs are ready to go EXCEPT EasyControl- if you are using EasyControl please go to part II

New Users (part II):
Click the EasyControl button
Wait for program to load
Click the Setup EasyControl button
Click the topmost button
Follow and carefully read the on-screen prompts
Once the main setup is complete, it is recommended that you run the 2nd Setup as well (go to part III for that, Vista users need to see part IV as well)

New users (part III)
Click the Setup Automatic Disk Cleanups button (if you don't see it, click the Setup EasyControl button first)
Set what you want to clean upon clicking Run Disk Cleanup in the Clean/Optimize for maximum speed section
Click OK

New users (part IV):
VISTA ONLY
Vista users- in order to use EasyMaintenance you MUST disable UAC in Vista (and be an administrator)
Click the Disable User Account Control (VISTA ONLY) button (if you don't see it, click the Setup EasyControl button first)
Click OK
Wait for the process to finish (and, if prompted, type any passwords needed)

-----

Existing Users (part I):
Download and install the program (no un-install needed)
Uninstall Eusing Free Registry Cleaner (via Add/Remove Programs)
Download and Install (manually, sorry :() Abexo Free Registry Cleaner (from here http://www.abexo.com/afrcfree.exe)
Work the programs as normal (Vista users, see part III) and optionally, run the Disk Cleanup setup (see part II)

Existing Users (part II):
Open CommandCenter
Open EasyControl
Click the Setup button
Click the 2nd button (Setup automatic Disk Cleanups)
Set your options
Click OK
Now you can use the Run Disk Cleanup (Automatic) option in the Clean/Optimize section

Existing Users (part III):
VISTA ONLY
Vista users- in order to use EasyMaintenance you MUST disable UAC in Vista (and be an administrator)
Click the Disable User Account Control (VISTA ONLY) button (if you don't see it, click the Setup EasyControl button first)
Click OK
Wait for the process to finish (and, if prompted, type any passwords needed)

-----

I plan to release an update next Saturday for CCleaner 2.0 functionality, JkDefrag to replace IObit SmartDefrag, and a couple more things, and I may or may not keep trying to fix WinFix :-\

The updater was almost complete, but I am sticking to my release date and will have to try to get that in the next update.

The installer is a LOT smaller, without WinFix it is only 3MB :) so that should also please dial-up users (and bandwith-limited users)

Enjoy!

Download: http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/CompuTech CommandCenter Install.exe

wreckedcarzz:
Hi all,
Sorry for the delay in notice, but please DO NOT DOWNLOAD the new version! It has several flaws in the code that I addressing right now. I am not at home so that is the cause of the late notice. Sorry again for the inconvenience, I will patch it ASAP! :)

-Brandon
Ignore this post now, it is irrelevant

See below post for info as to what happened/what was changed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version