ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Can it capture ALL clips?

(1/1)

superboyac:
I think I'm having a problem with CHS and clipboard managers in general.  In Firefox, it seems like the clips don't get captured by the program.  Whenever I Ctrl-C something in Firefox, I can paste it using the normal Ctrl-V, but it doesn't show up in the CHS list.  How come this happens?  It seems like sometimes I will try to capture a clip and it just doesn't show up in the list.

mouser:
chs has ability to make a sound so you can verify when it captures something -- i find this invaluable and wouldn't be without it.

if you ever find that when you do ctrl+c that chs isn't grabbing it (ie you don't here the sound), try right-clicking on chs tray icon and select "re-establish clipboard chain" and see if that fixes it.  sometimes a program will crash or otherwise disrupt window's clipboard chain, which means that programs which have registered to be notified of clipboard changes no longer get notified.

superboyac:
Ah!  Thanks so much.  I thought it was a problem with firefox where they disabled copying clips to memory or something.  Ok, it works now  So what does it mean to re-establish a clipboard chain?

mouser:
it just means re-request a connection to it.  sort of like a "do over"  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version