ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Quality Comparison: 8 x freeware PDF Readers / Viewers

<< < (3/22) > >>

f0dder:
It's a think to keep in mind, though - thanks for adding, Eóin.

warbird:
Keep in mind that not all of these supports all of the PDF standards. I've had problems in the past with foxit, not supporting my dropshadows i made in inDesign. But for causal reading and work not related to print, I often prefer foxit for the faster loadtime. But its no substitute for acrobat reader

leland:
Thanks for this cool overview of all the PDF reader alternatives, but you missed Cool PDF Reader.  You can find it at:

http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html

I would like to know how you think it compares to the others if you have time.  Thanks.

Leland
:D

Ampa:
Your wish is my commanc...

Cool PDF added to the review. Sadly I found it to be rather uncool... the quality is below average, and the render speed is by far the slowest I've seen. My CPU maxed out for a couple of seconds to redraw the page everytime I scrolled or resized the window.

CoolPDF gets a  :down: from me I'm afraid.

Ampa

f0dder:
CoolPDF also "cheats" by compressing the executable with UPX - unpacked it's 1.7 megabytes, which is still smaller than the 1.9 megabytes of Sumatra (which is also packed with UPX). I don't like how CoolPDF has a funky non-default color schemes, I hate draggable toolbars, and I don't like the "pdf2exe pro" advertisement, and it is indeed extremely slow at rendering... so another :down: from here :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version