ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Quality Comparison: 8 x freeware PDF Readers / Viewers

<< < (19/22) > >>

Lashiec:
If the competition wasn't fierce, now Evince, the default PDF viewer in the GNOME desktop environment also has a Windows version.

tomos:
If the competition wasn't fierce, now Evince, the default PDF viewer in the GNOME desktop environment also has a Windows version.
-Lashiec (October 14, 2009, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

sounds interesting
Supported Document Formats

Evince is specifically designed to support the file following formats.

* PDF
    * Postscript
    * djvu
    * tiff
    * dvi

Darwin:
That does sound interesting - I am currently using PDF Converter Pro for pdf viewing and windjview to view djvu files. It *would* be nice to be able to use one program for this. However, as I also use PDF Converter Pro to create and edit pdfs, this isn't going to change anytime soon... Still, might give Evince a shot as a djvu viewer.

Thanks for the heads up  :Thmbsup:

NigelH:
Not sure if appropriate to re-open this thread, but has anyone tried this yet?
Nuance PDF Reader
Introducing a free PDF reader that's small in size and big on features.

Get ready to rethink your choice of free PDF reader. Nuance PDF Reader enables you to do much more than just view PDF files. You can convert PDF files to Word®, Excel®, and RTF via a hosted web service. Use annotation tools to highlight, cross-out, and underline text for more effective collaboration. Even fill out and save PDF forms. Nuance PDF Reader takes up less disk space, is more secure than Adobe® Reader®, and works with virtually any PDF file. Best of all, it’s absolutely free, proving that you really can get a whole lot of something for nothing.
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
I saw that, Nigel, but haven't tried it yet. I don't see the point as I am using the full Nuance PDF package and it is fine. Still, I'm curious as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version