ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

Achieve Planner + Goals to Action

<< < (2/2)

Armando:
I just found a nice and recent review of AP on the "Becoming A Writer Seriously" Web Site (mouser mentioned it at some point): Achieve Planner: Set Your Goals, Plan Your Time.

And, maybe, if there's enough interest --eventually, of course -- I could ask the developer for a DC discount (am I aloud to do that?? or should an "official" founding DC member do it)...

TomColvin:
Armando, glad that you stumbled upon my AP review.  As you can tell, I rate the program highly.

Reading through your posts here indicates that you are getting even more deeply into the program than I have.  I use it mainly for planning overview, rather than on a day-to-day action basis.  I hope that you will indeed do a full review of AP -- it should be most interesting.  Just wish you could include screenshots, which I think are essential especially in this program in order to fully appreciate it.

For day-to-day task management, I use EssentialPIM Pro.  It has just come out with version 2.0, which has some major enhancements that make it much more useful as a Getting Things Done environment.  In fact, I've completely revised how I use EssentialPIM to take advantage of these enhancements.  There's a flaw in the current version, however -- but the developer assures me that this will be addressed in either version 2.1 or 2.2, both scheduled for completion within the year.  I expect to write another extensive review of this program within coming weeks [already have a very full review of version 1.92 on my blog].

All that said, I'm still looking for a fairy godmother who will wake me up each morning with a gentle pat on the head and instructions about just what I need to do during the day.

Tom

jquigley:
iphigenie, I too like using Above and Beyond.  This is a 2007 version with MS Vista support available at http://www.1soft.com/new.html

There is also a clone/fork of AB called TimeTo.  It's available at http://www.davidberman.com/software/timetodownload.php

There are active YahooGroups for both AB and TimeTo.

JimQ

Armando:

Armando, glad that you stumbled upon my AP review. 
-TomColvin (August 02, 2007, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for joining the thread!

As you can tell, I rate the program highly.
--- End quote ---

Yes, I saw that (+ a very nice read)! I think the program and the developer deserve it! IMHO, it's really one of the best time management (and personal project/goal management) tool out there.

Reading through your posts here indicates that you are getting even more deeply into the program than I have. -TomColvin (August 02, 2007, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've tested AP pretty thoroughly because I want to replace Outlook, and I'm not going to replace it with something adding more inconveniences! Like I said in my first post, I haven't bought it yet -- I am waiting to see what the future version brings to the table : GTD features, better search, etc. If I ever buy it, it will be the Productivity suite.

I also like MLO for task and project management, but AP is more sophisticated. AP’s outlook syncing  is not as smooth — but it’s got some very nice features.

I hope that you will indeed do a full review of AP -- it should be most interesting.  Just wish you could include screenshots, which I think are essential especially in this program in order to fully appreciate it.
--- End quote ---

I'm running out of time these days, so the review will have to wait, unfortunately. (I must say that writing in English is much slower than French for me!)

For day-to-day task management, I use EssentialPIM Pro.  -TomColvin (August 02, 2007, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been using Outlook for many years and have tried many many other PIMs. EssentialPIM is certainly one of the best out there (and it synchronizes with the palm! well, it used to?). But I do prefer Outlook, even if EssentialPIM is better for notes and the tasks outliner. All in all, it seemed bit too "basic" (lacking some other features I use frequently)... But it's been a while since I’ve tested it, so I'll be happy to read your review and learn some more about the newest versions!

All that said, I'm still looking for a fairy godmother who will wake me up each morning with a gentle pat on the head and instructions about just what I need to do during the day.
--- End quote ---

If you find one, ask her if she's got some friends! :)

Armando:
@iphigenie & jquigley :

I remember testing Above & Beyond + TimeTo a while ago. I think the main problem was Palm syncing.
But I'll check it out and report back...

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version