ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature Request V2 — Task Control

<< < (4/4)

jgpaiva:
Today, i used colibri for the second time to test the way the setting were accessed.
It actually does some sense, and i think it could be the answer to this problem.
I'm not a big fan of "right arrow" or something like that, i prefer "tab".
To access colibri's settings, you type:
"colibri" (only the first letters are necessary)
press "tab"
and the options bellow change, and the options over that app become available, then, you type:
"settings" (again, only first letters needed)
"tab"
and the settings appear bellow.you type:
"hotkey" (blabla)
and enter
and you have accessed the hotkey settings.
For any other program, you'd do: (example: screenshot captor)
"screenshot captor"
'tab'
"close"
'enter'
To close it. For me, this makes sense. (to go back one level, you can press shift + tab, or use the arrow keys, i think)
IMO, this would be a great way to handle the interface to manage open processes, the only problem would be for those of us that use tab to cycle through the various results.Although i think that when farr has the ability to search for various not-contiguous words, there might not be any need to select another result other than the first.

Amadawn:
Actually I also prefer tab, but I think QuickSilver allows both.

Colibri's objective is to be a QuickSilver replacement for windows. Even its look is quite similar to QuickSilver. Thus the way it functions is very similar to QuickSilver. The problem with it is that it is not easy to discover (mainly because Colibri does not put an arrow or some visual indication that you can access a set of commands for each item that it finds), but once you know it it can become quite powerful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version