ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

source editor that prints indentation guides

(1/2) > >>

utility man:
Hope this is the correct forum to post to.

Does anyone know of a text editor that will print source code with vertical lines as indentation/column guides?
I've seen some that display column guides on screen but don't print them out.

thanks in advance.

Cpilot:
SC1 or Scite editor does it.
You can even customize the indentation guide.

For windows
SciTE

A full download (780K) includes the SciTE executable, any required DLLs, configuration files and documentation. After downloading the file, unzip it, and run SciTE.EXE. The files required to run SciTE are SciTE.EXE, SciLexer.DLL, and SciTEGlobal.properties and these are best located in one directory on the path.

--- End quote ---

single file executable called Sc1
A single file executable called Sc1 (480K) does not need any DLL or properties files as these are linked into the executable. You may still create properties files if you wish. Sc1.exe has been compressed with the UPX compressor so that it is a fast download. It does not need to be decompressed to be used.

--- End quote ---

For more info
Download Scintilla and SciTE

utility man:
Thanks CPilot for the suggestion.

I tried Scite and found that the indentation guides don't get printed.
[unless there's an option to enable it somewhere]

Basically, I want to print out legacy code with the indentation guides for reviewing.

app103:
Notepad2 does...at least it does print the guide line on the right. I didn't test it with the indentation guides (ran out of ink).

Eóin:
Hi ivery, Programmer's Notepad will print whitespace indicators where tab will show up as arrows. Might that be of help to you. See the pdf I printed to with PDFCreator for an example.

[attach1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version