ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the Best Movie Collection Organizer Program

(1/11) > >>

KenR:
I would like to know what movie organizer program (i.e., Movie Collector, All My Movies, DVD Profiler, Movie Organizer, etc.) people think is the best.

Here, for example, is a screenshot of Movie Collector

Programs like the ones listed above download information about movies from the internet and perform a variety of tasks with the information. I have found a few programs and looked at them, but I'd love to know about other's experiences regarding these programs.

Thanks, Ken

TucknDar:
I use Movie Collector. It does have it's limitations (the major one for me, is no multi-disc support. I think this is because it's focused on Movies, not DVDs, but this is a much wanted feature, and I'm hopeful that it gets added eventually).

I used a free app (actually donation-ware) called DVD Collector, which had some fantastic features coming in the 2.0 betas, but development suddenly stopped :'( The latest full version is 1.0.2 and can be found here: http://crunchymedia.com/

If development was started again, I'd ditch Movie Collector in a second, even though I've paid for it. (Got Website Watcher covering crunchymedia.com, but I'm not holding my breath for updates...).

KenR:
Thanks for your input TucknDar!

Ken

concept1961:
I'm a big fan of Movie Organizer from http://www.movieorganizer.com/

There's plenty of features, thumbnail of the cover from their site, a huge database of data and a link with Imdb one of the best site related to movie.

Movie Organizer is free, allow you to print report of your movies the way YOU want them.

It's been my favorite for the last four or five year.

François

Cosiness:
I'm very much satisfied with Movienizer. It supports many movie related sites and not only IMDB, therefore I was able to extract info about each film I have in my quite big collection. I like the navigation system, it's not overloaded and easy to maintain, I like how the categories are arranged and variety of search options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version