ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the Best Movie Collection Organizer Program

<< < (4/11) > >>

MerleOne:
I am using Mediaman, because of its efficient webcam scanner, and because it handles video, music, books, games in one single software.

superboyac:
I don't use any...but way back when I had noble intentions of keeping track of all my movies I bought eXtreme Movie Manager. The reasons I picked his over any of the others are many. First, he's one of the hardest working software authors I have ever seen bending over backwards to make his users happy. That much is evident from reading his forums.

Next, for what it does and the amount of work he has put into it he asks a mere pittance. Not only that, but he's insane enough to offer that price as a one-time fee with lifetime updates. Another plus for this program is that the author has built in this very powerful scripting engine that will allow users to get movie information from a wealth of sites. Did something on your favorite movie site change and now the program won't get information anymore? No need to wait for an update to the program. Grab a new version of your desired script from the forum or from the update function in the program.

The last reason I chose this program is it's not hard-coded for physical media. Most movie collection organizers have no provision for movies that are not physical media like DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. If you have rips stored on an HTPC or media server this program keeps track of them. You can even keep track of the accompanying movie trailers as well on your media if you're a movie trailer kind of person.
-Innuendo (July 06, 2009, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice.  Innuendo, I really appreciate how you go out of your way to explain some things around here.  In this case, it waas very helpful.

JavaJones:
I'm still researching this particular topic, and finding that nothing seems to quite meet my needs. But the other thread on this has a lot of useful info, particularly about the media PC people having some good ideas and software...
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10370.25

- Oshyan

J-Mac:
I am using Movie Collector and DVD Profiler. I won't upgrade Movie Collector to the latest version because too much has been stripped from the program and the developer - a real pisser - is basically trying to force his customer base to build his own database - he doesn't allow searches to other well-established sources like Amazon, IMDB, DVD Empire, etc. - and he's also pushing toward an all-online service. I am still using v. 5.6 but I'm sure that will stop working for me at some point.

DVD Profiler is OK but nothing special. I doubt I will stick with that but for the time being I am using both. That would be a pain when building my collection from scratch but since my collection is pretty well established it is just a matter of adding a DVD here and there.

Thanks!

Jim

sajman99:
Darn, I just found out Movienizer is no longer free so I guess I'll be reviewing this thread and others to find a suitable replacement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version