ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

envelope printing freeware?

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
cthorpe & hawleyj have unearthed a gem in Splinter Creek Envelope Wizard. i myself have been on a lookout for such a program but basically have given up since not many programs are up to the mark.. if only this program is in active development, it would have warranted a mini-review but since it's not, i'll just leave some of my comments here. :)

this program seems to have been completed in the year 2000 and true enough, the GUI is looks quite dated but however the app performs its tasks admirably. true to its name, the user is presented with series of questions before the actual printing takes place. it has the ability to save & retrieve addresses, even though i'm not sure about the maximum number. in any case, the documentation for this app comes in three formats - HTML, DOC & RTF while a "readme" file recounts some technical details of the program.

this program will be most useful for casual users like me who need to print envelopes once in a while and can't be bothered to grapple with all the codes and settings and since hawleyj had already highlighted some of the positives and quirks. there is no reason not to try this envelope wizard.

btw, Robert W. Keefe is credited as this program's author but there is no contact details. so, Bob if you're reading this - you have our deepest appreciation for such a simple & easy-to-use program. also, do register yourself at the DonationCoder.com to receive some well-earned DC credits..

Screenshots of the program

Choose envelope size

Key-in addresses

Special Instructions

Envelope Orientation

btw, to get a somewhat modern looking buttons, you can also throw a manifest file into the program folder.. ;) (but you have to remove .txt to use)
EnvelopeWizard.exe.manifest.txt (0.64 kB - downloaded 776 times.)

johnfdeluca:
Only drawback I have in printing envelopes (regardless of app I use) is that the envelope gets "emossed" with the "V" from the back flaps when going thru my laser printer.  Not a showstopper, but I prefer to use window envelopes and I print the address on a piece of paper which carefully folded (got it down to a science) shows thru the envelope window.  If I had the need more frequently, I'd likely just get one of those little address label printers but I may do this once every month of so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version