ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Worst. Interface. Ever.

<< < (6/10) > >>

Nighted:
You people are going to hate me! lol

I can't think of the worst GUI ever but the worst I can think of right now is Total Commander....YUCK!!!!  :down:

Oh, I think Eudora should use a new set of toolbar icons. I wish it was skinnable like Thunderbird.

I also must defend Winamp. I wish all applications gave the user the option to create their own interface. There are some excellent skins. Some are horribly designed but others make Winamp much easier to use and so much more fun!

jpfx:
Total Commander is so ugly I could never use it the way it is.

rjbull:
Total Commander is so ugly I could never use it the way it is.
-jpfx (September 29, 2005, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Total Commander's interface is like a Land Rover, or for Americans, an owner-driver Peterbilt or Kenwood.  What you get is ruthless muscularity.  You don't expect it dressed in a pink frilly tutu.

I suppose, for me, the "Worst.  Interface.  Ever."  has to be...  Windows.  Total Commander was the first program I found that made it almost semi-tolerable.

mouser:
I'm also told by a huge total commander fan that the default appearance can be a bit painful on the eyes, but that you can adjust it to make it more pleasing for those of us who aren't exactly fans of the windows 3.1 look >:D

here's a screenshot of total commander, and to tell the truth this doesn't look as bad as i remember (still a bit cluttered thought):

jpfx:
fugly; and an insult to Land Rovers.
Dantz Retrospect... that's horrendously over complicated too. It excels in taking 10 steps where another program takes 3. Unresponsive too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version