ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Worst. Interface. Ever.

<< < (10/10)

superboyac:
nikkho i'm with you about total commander,
though in fairness its one of the most beloved programs by a large number of people,
so i think it's one of those programs you either totally love, or totally can't bear to use.
-mouser (September 29, 2005, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have a problem with Total Commander.  It's not a pretty interface, but it is highly functional and practical.  I do agree that Real Player and QuickTIme have horrible interfaces.  I also agree that Winamp skins are in general, quite lame.  Real Player and Quicktime are bad interfaces because they have like 5 buttons take up this enourmous amount of space, there's no efficiency!  I hate that.  I hate the bubbly Mac crap, where everything is from happy bubble-yum land, with their shiny aerodynamic look as if it's going to be faster because there's less wind resistance.  Ridiculous.  The screen is rectangular--all buttons, general shape should be rectangular also, that's my opinion.  And keep them small please.  The good thing about winamp skins is that there's always some minimalist programmer who makes a highly efficient, compact skin.  That's a good thing.  Having the option is always a good thing, because of course not everyone is going to agree with me!

And I normally don't like java type programs for windows.  Now, I don't know a thing about programming, but whenever I see something that is Java based like Konfabulator or azureus, it seems to be sluggish, and I like to use the term "viscous".  You know, you click on something and the change isn't instantaneous, but there's that slight delay  that can be annoying?

Man, talk about getting all riled up.

rjbull:
EMACS  is an extremely powerfull tool
-jgpaiva (January 12, 2006, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Be careful, as I heard a rumour that EMACS users are more prone to RSI than most...

jgpaiva:
@ rjbull:
Sorry, i didn't get what you mean...I'm not very experienced in emacs,actually,but I've seen my professors use it,and i got astonished,for those who know its keyboard shortcuts,(not even all of them,cause i know there is one that gives you the rest),emacs can do some great editing (and not only,since i've also heard it even has a lisp interpreter!),IMHO at least...
I don't know what you mean by RSI..
Just out of curiosity,are you a vim user? Don't you support my opinion that there isn't any less intuitive program than vim?

Carol Haynes:
RSI - Repetitive Strain Injury

What happens to your wrist when you drink too much beer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version