ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Some questions abt coders

<< < (3/3)

mitzevo:
Let me give you some direction.. (my own opinions)

Learn C/C++ for system based coding.
php for web based coding
and you're all set

SkyIDE:
Executable's size also depends on the type of linking you use.

Static linking where all code from external libs is compressed into the executable or dynamic linking where the code is not compressed and it requires you to include the libs in order for the program to run properly .

If you use static linking, the size of the EXE will be greater because all of the required code is compiled into the EXE itself.

If you use dynamic linking, the size of the EXE will be a lot smaller BUT you will need to make sure the end user has got the required libs installed or your program will fail to load. Dynamic linking will also make the program execute faster.

Regarding QT, I've used it before..ages ago. I used it with KDevelop. QT is just a toolkit that draws the GUI and does some processing. Personally, I find QT very easy to use. Easier than Microsoft's MFC for sure. I haven't used it since KDE 1.2 however....

If you have time to learn it then getting some extra knowledge never hurts but you must be confident in C++ first...

f0dder:
As for small installers, check out nullsoft NSIS. It's slightly tricky to get into, but it's pretty powerful and very very small overhead. I've even seen commercial games using it for their installers.

SkyIDE:
I haven't used this one but there is another "Inno Setup". I am not sure how small it is but I've seen a lot of programs using it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version