ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Don't call it "the tray"!

<< < (9/10) > >>

f0dder:
Ah yeah, that's his name! - dunno if it's he who did the sketch I remember, but the voice reminded me of him.

superboyac:
I actually appreciated learning this little nugget of info.  I'm pretty particular myself, so I like this sort of thing.  For example, I just learned that DVD originally stood for "Digital Versatile Disc" not "Digital Video Disc". 

Renegade:
The above example with "slut" was meant for dramatic effect. I thought that was obvious in the context.
--- End quote ---

Yup - it was obviously meant for dramatic effect, I just read it as having changed over the course of your life, that's all.

Thanks for the clarification - I wasn't aware of that!
-Darwin (April 25, 2007, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry - I misread what you meant. It never occurred to me that you were asking if I was 397 years old! :)

Edvard:
As yet another example, the origin of the word "f**k" comes from a word meaning "to thrust", as in to thrust with a sword. (Old Anglo-Saxon)
--- End quote ---

I remember in Junior High School looking up dirty words in the oldest dictionaries I could find in the library. One of them said the word in question was a verb that meant "to hit".

Gives new insight to the phrase "I'd hit that..."

:duck: :run:

lanux128:
As yet another example, the origin of the word "f**k" comes from a word meaning "to thrust", as in to thrust with a sword. (Old Anglo-Saxon) -Renegade (April 25, 2007, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
here is another source that traces the origin via a Scandinavian derivation of "focka" meaning to copulate.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version