ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Setup program for apps created with Visual C# Express

<< < (2/3) > >>

kyrathaba:
Interesting.  I'll have to do some testing with SharpDevelop.  And, hamradio, I agree with you about offering two versions for download, one for user who already have .NET 2.0 installed, one for if they don't.  I'll also check out the www.codeproject.com link.  Thanks for the links, hamradio and Ruffnekk.

kyrathaba:
Mouser, the Framework also includes the following namespace, which might be worth investigating:

System.Configuration.Install

kyrathaba:
I found this article which relates directly to the discussion on this thread:

http://www.installshield.com/news/newsletter/0403-articles/installer.asp

hollowlife1987:
I have a NSIS function to detect if .net 2.0 is installed or not.
I'll post the code tomorrow when I find it.

kyrathaba:
I would very much appreciate that, hollowlife1987.

I've read that ClickOnce application deployment automatically checks if the client machine needs the Framework.  Anyone familiar with ClickOnce?  I think the Express edition IDEs offer it, but I'm not at home so I can't check at the moment.  But doesn't that sort of deployment have to be hosted on a server?

While reading about this topic, I continue to get the impression that as time progresses, it will become less and less likely that a setup will need to install the Framework on a target machine.  Vista ships with the framework installed, and I imagine future versions of Windows will as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version