topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Program to automaticly paste text into a window  (Read 4792 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Program to automaticly paste text into a window
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:55 AM »
Basicly what the title is, just a small program or script designed to paste text into a window at the press of a hotkey (Ctrl + 1 or something basic). I need it for clearing up IM's and other various programs (being a teen, "POS" occurs quite often ;)).
-Brandon

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Program to automaticly paste text into a window
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 02:08 AM »
If you have Windows, ctrl-v is a shortcut/hotkey for pasting in just about any application. . .

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:04 AM »
I think I understand what you meant wreckedcarzz. Take a look at Multi Clipboard over at Programming.de. It is one of the many great freeware apps on this page. I've been using many of them for years and they all work very well.

Multi Clipboard
With Multi Clipboard you have access to nine clipboard texts (slots), which you can select either via mouseclick when the program window is active, or via Hotkey "Ctrl + NUMPAD 1.. 9", even if the program is inactive or minimized to the system tray. This copies the selected slot to the Windows clipboard, from which you can paste it into your active application (for instance with Ctrl + V). The hotkey "Ctrl + NUMPAD 0" hides or shows the program window, depending on the previous state. If nine slots are not enough and you need more, you can change to another of three available files.
[attach=#1][/attach]

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 01:17 AM »
Farr's paste alias may be able to provide the function..
version 1.07.12 with paste command

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 04:49 AM »
Many of the clipboard enhancers offer permanent clips - freeware ones include ClipCache 1.41 and ArsClip.  "Big" ones like ClipMagic keep everything permanently anyway, unless you set automatic purge features, and you could set a specific group.  Kevin Solway's ClipText is a bit like a more limited version of Multi Clipboard mentioned by tinjaw above.

Alternative approaches - PowerPro's snippets, or a keyword-driven system like Type Pilot, shareware, or their freeware but less-featured version, Speed Pilot.  Or AutoHotkey's hotstrings.