ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

opera 9.2 is out

<< < (10/11) > >>

Josh:
I've experienced numerous crashes with opera when doing basic things like navigating BACK in history, reloading a page, or just leaving the browser idle. I've reported all of these with the crash log program they have on their forum, but never received any resolution on any of the crashes.

zridling:
Something's going on Josh — maybe a driver hanging up? I haven't had any problems with Opera since 9.x hit the scene. Luck on my part I guess.

Josh:
A driver affecting a web browser? I doubt it. If I am having a driver conflict with opera and opera alone, then something is coded horribly wrong in opera. These crashes seem to happen on any PC I use opera on. One time I was in the middle of typing a large email into my webmail site, and opera crashed causing me to lose 30 minutes of my time reconstructing said email.

Opera is a very fast browser, perhaps the fastest (IN MY OPINION) and it works really well, however, the crashes along with the fact that I am limited to what the developers feel I should use, make me stay away.

dantheman:
Josh,

Opera is perhaps the fastest but i think what you've said points to something i've come to experience with over the years. It seems to come into conflict with other programs. I have an old version of Corel WordPerfect (8) and it seems to have this problem too.

zridling:
On second thought, Josh, I don't know what I was thinking. We all get that program that just wants to self-destruct no matter what. Corel products have been tormenting me lately for no reason, so I understand being puzzled over it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version