ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

opera 9.2 is out

<< < (5/11) > >>

Josh:
While I can see that roboform isnt a necessity for some users here, it is for thousands of users whose voices can be heard by a google search of roboform opera and searching roboform on the opera forums. This, in my opinion, will be why opera doesnt make a bigger dent in the browser market. While it is customizable up the wazoo for its gui and its included features, its not totally customizable and the users are locked out of features that 3rd party applications can provide.

sri:
Does KeePass let me select a site (from a list) and do the following automatically (like RoboForm):

1) Opens the URL
2) Pastes login, password and any other field necessary (and which are captured once by it)
3) Hits Submit button.

Nomadin:
I like opera, it is by far the fastest browser, but I simply cannot use it until I can have roboform back incorporated into my configuration. I understand opera's need for "security", but at least give the user a choice. Locking us down to what the dev's feel is pertinent to a browser is like ford telling you that you have to settle for a stock engine or stock radio when much better alternatives exist.
-Josh (April 14, 2007, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was with you for the longest time on this topic, but now that I have used Opera exclusively for a couple years I find that Wand meets my needs.  The only thing I really miss is the ability to edit (or even see!) my passwords in the Wand.  Otherwise, it has completely replaced Roboform for me.

I love Opera!

Lashiec:
The problem with the Wand is that if something nasty happens (you forgot your password or you accidentally delete the passwords file), then it's over as it doesn't have a simple 'export' function to CSV or even TXT

Josh:
Exactly, and again, this shows you why allowing third party programs can be a good idea. It allows users to expand functions (absent or not) of the browser or application to suite their needs. By not allowing this, they block out users who would potentially switch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version