ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (10/60) > >>

JennyB:
hierarchical organization for aliases is an interesting idea jenny.. i was thinking of writing a kind of hierarchical notetaking and clip management plugin, it might be usable for the kind of thing you are suggesting..
-mouser (June 28, 2007, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, even a simple circular queue from which an alias could take its arguments (my programming background is mainly Forth).

A general point for all plugin writers - if you are making something that searches for a window, process, printer or whatever, please leave a way of allowing someone else to write a command-line +alias that can do something you didn't anticipate with whatever is chosen.

tinjaw:
Would anybody be interested in a plugin that did Shutdown, Standby, Hibernate, and Reboot?

Nevermind  :-[

It took 60 seconds for people to explain why it was a bad idea. And I agree with them.  :P

mouser:
to clarify why tinjaw's idea is not good:
it's actually a great idea, but a much easier approach is to create an alias file for a commandline tool with such functionality, like NirCmd which is already exists for farr.

mouser:
Did someone suggest yet a spellcheck plugin?

you would type:
spellc necesary

and it would display as results the top suggested words, when you click one it would copy it to the clipboard.
1 necessary
2 ...
3 ...

(ps there are free spellcheck engines like http://aspell.net/)

jgpaiva:
Just to cast another vote for the "kill active processes" plugin, it'd be the one i want the most.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version