ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (56/60) > >>

dinesh_ms:
I'm not sure what the deal is w/ the registry storage locations for PuTTY (i.e. HKEY_CURRENT_USER vs HKEY_USERS and SID) -- perhaps it's just my poor understanding of Windows :)

If there is interest, I might put together a preliminary release for testing.
-ewemoa (January 08, 2009, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

@ewemoa, both the locations you mentioned are the same, HKEY_CURRENT_USER is a virtual one which maps to the HKEY_USERS\<SID> with respect to the current user who is accessing the registry, so ideally you should be picking it up from HKEY_CURRENT_USER, which would make the settings user specific and you dont have to worry about the SID.

Also being a Putty User myself even i am interested in testing out the plugin, until now i have been using some aliases for FARR integration with Putty

ewemoa:
For those interested in a PuTTY plugin, you can see what has me stalled in this thread.

dinesh_ms, thanks for the registry-related tip -- I think in the most recent code that I worked on (it's been a while), I ended up doing something that seems in line with your tip (but I don't remember at this point).

thancock20:
I would love to see a plugin that connects FARR with the GMarks extension for Firefox.  I use the quick bookmark search feature all the time, but often find myself hitting the FARR hotkey first by accident :D.  So I thought that a plugin interfacing FARR with the quick bookmark search in GMarks would be great. I could pull up FARR, type GM[space] and then use it like I would GMarks.  If I was better at coding I would try it myself. :(

Ric0la:
Hi

Just added my thoughts on putty and other launches:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16498.0

Volunteers?  :D

Nod5:
I would love to see a plugin that connects FARR with the GMarks extension for Firefox. 
-thancock20 (July 10, 2009, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that would be nice. See this thread for some related discussion
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16942.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version