ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (53/60) > >>

ewemoa:
Good to hear that you got a work-around :)

FWIW, I looked into doing an FSubScript FARR plugin for PuTTY, but from what I learned so far, enumeration of registry keys is somewhat of a pain using JScript -- at least it's not nearly as straight-forward as reading, deleting, and writing keys.  I'm partial to versions of PuTTY that store setting information in the filesystem so my leaning is towards working on something that works with that (if I do make something).  But may be as time goes on I'll learn differently.

ecaradec:
I looked at it too, and given the current fscript, it is not even doable to enumerate keys. It would require getobject which is not available on the global fscript FARR object. I may add it since it will allow many connection with the desktop.

ewemoa:
ecaradec: do I understand correctly that approaches such as used by:

http://digivation.net/programming/registrytools

would not function in the current fscript?

ecaradec:
This will not work in the current fscript because the GetObject function does not exist in FScript.

var WMIRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\\\" + computer + "\\root\\default:StdRegProv");

However it should not be a very difficult work to add it. It should just be a call to CoGetObject and return a script interface if everything goes well.

ewemoa:
Thanks for the response, ecaradec.

I'd be interested in being able to interact with the registry more conveniently via FScript -- well, specifically, being able to enumerate registry keys. 

In addition to possibly helping a plugin for PuTTY along, I think it might make it easier to read IE 7's search providers which are also stored in the Registry [1] -- this would be helpful in the development of a plugin I'm working on.

[1] Though as I understand it from some searches, it's possible to use the reg.exe command to make that content available in file form -- which could then subsequently be parsed...but yuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version