ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (38/60) > >>

s.newave:
i would looooove :-* some type of outlook plugin where you could start typing in the name of a contact and it would filter the names against your outlook contacts. Once you found the contact you wanted you could hit enter and it would display all their info in rich edit mode like address, email, phone # etc... You could then type +email to bring up the compose email dialog from outlook with the contacts email address already filled in.

If that proved too difficult how about simply being able to type the name of the contact and the plugin would search through an excel or comma separated file which you could than use the +email keyword on. As has been mentioned before the ability to search through some type of delimited list in a file would be extremely powerful for a number of applications.

davidma22:
I mentioned this to Mouser and he said I should suggest it as a plugin.

A plugin that could launch different browsers depending on what link you type. (I think that's what he meant.)

What I had suggested was a way to specify in your query what browser was used by adding ff/IE/Opera etc to the beginning, but he said a plugin would be better because it would handle all url launching, even by other FARR aliases. I'll leave it to him to reply here and explain the rest of the idea, since he knows more about the program than I do. heh.

The thing that sparked my suggestion though was wanting to be able to choose which browser would launch, rather than having it just use my default. So I could launch say... irc://irc.prison.net/#donationcoder and have it open Firefox, since that's where I have my IRC program.

mouser:
This would be a good opportunity for someone to try writing a plugin that didnt produce results, but tookover the launching of urls.

davidma22:
Not sure if this has been suggested or not (or if it already exists) but, how about a plugin that allows you to close active programs? One that can read the active programs from windows task manager. Something like... when you type CloseProgram <tab> it will list all active programs, and you can either type the one you want to close or select it from the list.

mouser:
process kill plugin:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9111.msg67199#msg67199

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version