ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (35/60) > >>

mouser:
yeah i could do that through updater system.

Veign:
How about a PHP function locator which lets me start typing 'php [function name]' and a list of matching function is provided and when selected takes me to the PHP.net website for that function (default browser).  If this is easy I could provide a function list to assist.

The format for locating a function at php.net is:
http://www.php.net/[function name]

so, to find information on strlen would be:
http://www.php.net/strlen

Plugin could be expanded to other languages as it would be a simple data file for the langauge syntax and a URL format to locate the information.  One data file could hold multiple languages in an array

kartal:
From my another post.

Maybe someone can create "auto alias" plugin which would go through desktop and start programs and create aliases for installed shortcuts. So for newbie users that would make things faster.

nitrix-ud:
mouser, please read this ;)

How about a PHP function locator which lets me start typing 'php [function name]' and a list of matching function is provided and when selected takes me to the PHP.net website for that function (default browser).  If this is easy I could provide a function list to assist.
--- End quote ---
this is a good idea

there is a way to do it without any plugins, it is cumbersome but it works :

convert the functions list to text files (1 file = 1 function), can be easily done with autohotkey for instance...

add a search folder (to the text files...) with the following modifier keyword : folder_with_php_function_text_files (<=can be shorter  :P)

add an action alias : open_browser
Open in browser $$1| C:\_pathtoscript\open_browser.ahk "$$1"

then create a dosearch alias :
regex : ^php (.*)
php $$1 | dosearch +folder_with_php_function_text_files +open_browser $$1

open_browser.ahk is as follows :

--- ---SplitPath, 1, name, dir, ext, name_no_ext, drive
Run, http://www.php.net/%name_no_ext%

as you see, it is a bit cumbersome but it WORKS exactly as expected (if i understood well)

now obviously one need to have autohotkey installed for that setup to work or i could send you a compiled version...

a new feature would simplify the process... and eliminate the need of autohotkey (or any other scripting langage)

in this alias :
Open in browser $$1| C:\_pathtoscript\open_browser.ahk "$$1"

$$1 refers to the full file name (with its path)
if we had some special FARR function to split that path
then we would have :
Open in browser $$1| http://www.php.net/FARR($$1,"only file name")

an other idea :
it would be great to have a new command :

dosearchfile "C:\...\functionlist.txt" +open_browser $$1

just specify a file and FARR searches it line by line...

i am not saying a plugins would not be great, however i think using core functions of FARR is almost enough to achieve Veign's idea
to be short... let me say that I am much much more excited by new core functions/features for FARR than anything else... it just opens new horizons each time

mouser:
i believe the right way to do this is with a generic plugin that has been talked about before -- a kind of structured file searching plugin.

Basically the plugin would let you configure search keywords, along with specifying the file they should search, and how they should look for text and tags and what info to show on match.

So this could be used to search almost any kind of text,xml, or help file in a structured way that would allow you to type keywords or tags and have FARR show ranked resuls -- then select one to show full text of the entry.

It would be incredibly useful for a wide variety of things.

---

Though note that in veign's request, it might also make sense to use a generic web scraper plugin to query the php.org site and grab matches from that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version