ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (30/60) > >>

Armando:
Recent discussions about applications/addons allowing one to search specific programs' commands (like...MS Word...) made me wonder if farr could achieve such a thing... I don't see why not. It would be interesting and potentially super useful and powerful especially that farr is already such a good launcher with great flexibility.

Armando:
This post here about recentX made me think that a nice plugin for FARR would be one that listed recently opened documents and recently executed programs, sorted by last access date (i.e. most recently used at top).
-mouser (May 07, 2008, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like that.

wreckedcarzz:
It's not a plugin, but an idea that involves plugins-

Why not have FARR be able to launch and/or include a "Plugin Directory" or something? Where you can pick what you want and mass download/install like DcUpdater. Ex:

* MyAwesomePlugIn V1.0
* MousersInsanePlugIn V4.2
* CoolFarrPlugIn V2.3
with checkboxes next to them all (in place of the dots)? :tellme:

It could even be web-based and invoke FARR via a special URL (like FARR:\\ or something)... right? :huh:

mouser:
The DcUpdater used by FARR actually does this mostly.. It has the ability to read a files of available updates and install them on demand.  You can actually see this with FARR, some plugins are available to install on the AvailableForInstall tab.

However, these available plugins are known to the updater because they were listed explicitly in the original FARR installation.   It's a much nicer idea to add a facility in DcUpdater so that an application can specify a web page where all plugins are listed.  That would make it so that if a new plugin was released, it would show up in the list of plugins that can be installed.  I will put that on my todo list for DcUpdater.

sabot7726:
I had a thread that talked about finding an application that would search a file for a specific word and return the entire line just like FARR does with files, but as I kept looking more and more into FARR it dawned on me that someone with actual coding skills could make a FARR plugin that does the same thing in about 30 seconds :p

I thought this would be a more appropriate place to put the request.

In short, I'm a 911 dispatcher and require access to lots of various info very quickly. I'd love to dump all that random stuff into a file. I'd put each contact, location, protocol or whatever I want at my fingertips on a new line in the file, then it would pop up as I would type along with the matching files like a normal FARR search.

Whee! Whoever makes this plugin will be making my city a safer place!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version