ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Post your FARR v2 Plugin Idea Requests Here - Plugin Writers Read In

<< < (29/60) > >>

mouser:
lrosenfeld,

the idea bout storing and retrieving encypted passwords might not be worth the effort, only because the existing good password management tools (keypass) are pretty darn good, and most include live search functionality.  when you combine that with the importance of secure handling of this info, it makes me think this plugin idea may be more trouble than it's worth.

however i do think a general purpose note saver/searcher/displayer is an important missing idea to farr plugin collection, and it's always possible that encrypted items could be added to that that could do the kind of thing you want eventually.

mouser:
I've split off the idea for a DQSD plugin into it's own thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=13266.0

czb:
mouser: this brings me new idea. I wanted to use timer also as note keeping software (to implement additional functions etc) but I figured out that you can paste only limited length of text into FARR window. Why is that? Is there any bypass?
The other thing I would like to see in FARR is following. You can call function something like pasteintolastactivewindow. Do you think it is possible to have function copyfromlastactivewindow which would take a look into last active window and if it finds highlighted area it would send it to FARR (JS SDK)? this would be great. Just imagine you would set any dictionary certain key, you would highlight text you want to translate and hit the key and you get it ;) Also it would help implementing some copy paste storing functions. What do you think about it?

mouser:
Do you think it is possible to have function copyfromlastactivewindow which would take a look into last active window and if it finds highlighted area it would send it to FARR (JS SDK)?
--- End quote ---

See screenshot for configuration of hotkey:

So basically FARR let's you configure certain hotkeys that should copy selected text in current application before triggering FARR.  When you combine that with the ability to configure the search text associated with a hotkey, you have the pieces you need to make dictionary and other searching type hotkey triggers.

It would be nice to ALWAYS trying to copy selected text when triggering FARR but that can cause problems.

The other thing is that FARR records the last active window, so a plugin could always ask FARR for this window handle and try to do other stuff with it.

mouser:
This post here about recentX made me think that a nice plugin for FARR would be one that listed recently opened documents and recently executed programs, sorted by last access date (i.e. most recently used at top).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version