ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (36/50) > >>

tranglos:
Two humble questions from an avowed Total Commander-er...

1. Does DOpus have anything like Total Commander's command line? I use it all the time, and in DOpus I've only been able to find the "CLI" window, which only seems to process commands internal to DOPus.

2. How can I configure DOPus to give me the equivalent Total Commander's F3=View (i.e. what TC calls lister)? I see there is a viewer, but it always opens in the embedded pane, while I want a separate window, and need to be able to view more than one file at a time. I suppose I could drag the viewer pane to undock it, but that's too much work :)

(TC does nearly everything I need, but I'd like to explore DOPus and I envy the "virtual folders" and the breadcrumbs features, so I was thinking I could buy DOPus and use it for some specific operations. But without a command line and without a superfast View that works *exactly* like TC or better, I wouldn't really be able to use it much.)

.marek

Nudel:
1. Does DOpus have anything like Total Commander's command line? I use it all the time, and in DOpus I've only been able to find the "CLI" window, which only seems to process commands internal to DOPus.-tranglos (December 09, 2007, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Type a > character and the Find-As-You-Type field that appears at the bottom of the window will turn into a Command field where you can run any internal Opus command.

Type a ? character and you can run any MS-DOS command.

There are also keys to insert the current filename into the command field, and it can also be used to filter or search for files by name/wildcard. See the Navigation by Keys section of the manual for full details.

2. How can I configure DOPus to give me the equivalent Total Commander's F3=View (i.e. what TC calls lister)? I see there is a viewer, but it always opens in the embedded pane, while I want a separate window, and need to be able to view more than one file at a time. I suppose I could drag the viewer pane to undock it, but that's too much work :)
--- End quote ---
Go to Tools -> Customize -> Keys and edit the F3 hotkey (or define a new one if there isn't one already) to run the Show command.

If you haven't already, check out the forums, guides and add-ons at http://resource.dopus.com/

tranglos:

Go to Tools -> Customize -> Keys and edit the F3 hotkey (or define a new one if there isn't one already) to run the Show command.

-Nudel (December 09, 2007, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh-my-God, I've just seen the hotkey customization dialog in DOpus! :) The ability to assign a sequence of commands is awesome.

Thanks a lot, Nudel!
.marek

Darwin:
The multiview plugin for Dopus (which allows you to use Stellent viewers to preview files in the viewer) was broken in 9.1. You can download a fix from the link below. As noted in nudel's post accompanying the fix, this will ship with the next update.

http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=33841

Darwin:
Just an update to the above - the multiview bug only shipped in the first couple of days following Dopus 9.1's release, so check out whether or not your installation is functioning correctly before downloading and installing the updated plugin (ie if Multiview is functioning as expected, ignore the above!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version