ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (19/50) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Thanks for modifying your reply - disagreement isn't a problem but lets try and keep civil folks.

Hirudin:
I am luckily not the one who has been given the job of defending DO against zridling's nonsense, but I think I'd have a hard time keeping my reply to a post like the one above civil...

Installation speed? Give me a break!

XYPlorer doesn't do dual panes does it? End of story for me.

Does XYPlorer do FTP? If not, DO is way faster than XY when it comes to FTPing.

tomos:
Any takers for the DOpus advantages short-list ?
-tomos (April 27, 2007, 03:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ooops,
I didn't mean to stir things up any more than already shaken/stirred

I did want to say,
but for some reason didn't in last post, was -
to be fair, while the DO developers may have an unhelpful approach at times towards liscencing/attitude towards the public at large, I dont think it's fair or helpful to say they "presume registered users to be thieves and pirates".

I was actually seriously interested in hearing the advantages of DOpus from someone who knows both programmes. (of course maybe I should just go back reread the thread  :-\ )
I'll probably get the DO upgrade eventually (or sooner!) but I think it's about equal the cost of XY so...
But as Hirudin says without dualpane...

Dirhael:
I'll see if I can write up a list sometime during the weekend. I own licensed copies of both programs (+ Total Commander... yes, I'm a file manager addict :P) so it shouldn't be to much of a problem making a comparison.

Nomadin:
I'll see if I can write up a list sometime during the weekend. I own licensed copies of both programs (+ Total Commander... yes, I'm a file manager addict :P) so it shouldn't be to much of a problem making a comparison.
-Dirhael (April 27, 2007, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm with you Dirhael.  Hi my name is Nomadin and I am a file manager addict (FMA).  I probably need FMAA.  ;D   It is really a sad affliction that ultimately costs me money, but none-the-less, I still enjoy playing with the programs.  It goes way back to the Amiga days with the Amiga versions of Directory Opus.

I suspect that I will still register DO and it is possible that I will adopt it as my main manager.  There is much to like and it is so tweakable.  We shall see... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version