ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (13/50) > >>

Nudel:
Thanks for the reply. I guess we've both said all there is to say really.

Paying USD $16 a year (i.e. USD $40 every 2.5 years) for keeping a useful tool up-to-date with new features doesn't seem expensive to me, but maybe I'm rich or something. :-) (Of course, it's not as cheap as paying nothing; it just doesn't strike me as expensive.)

Comment spam is such a pain so I understand you disabling them. We had a lot of issues on the Opus forums until Steve installed a bunch of things that seem to have stopped them for now. Spam is bad enough but spam with explicit pictures that could get someone fired for reading an innocent site just isn't funny.

Nomadin:
It's just that GPSoft is going to keep coming back for more money on a regular basis, and I don't feel they offer a substantial enough discount to registered users. -zridling (April 16, 2007, 05:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess this is my biggest issue with DO.  I think that your registered users should get a bigger break.  They (registered users) are often your lifeblood for new sales.  I have convinced many people to buy the programs that I use by showing them how much time it can save or how it can improve their computing experience.

I registered DO8, tweaked it in a way that almost worked for me, and used it for a while.  My config actually mapped most of the NC or TC key strokes since that is my frame of reference.  Unfortunately, I could never get everything to work from the keyboard the way I wanted.  The tab functionality seemed really odd coming from a Commander frame of reference.  It also seemed like the listers lost focus at times that I would not have expected.  (I rarely use the mouse when I am working on file management duties)

I will test DO9, since I like to test good programs, but I don't know that I can pay more than the price of XYPlorer or TC just for an upgrade.  In fact, I might just register XYplorer to support its development.

BTW, I still use Total Commander (registered many years ago), but I keep an eye on xplorer2 (registered), Salamander (registered), DO (8 registered), and XYplorer.

Nudel:
My brief impressions of TC, and some of the odd feature requests from ex-TC users about what they'd like the mouse buttons to do in Opus, is that moving from it to any other program would be a bit weird in a few ways. Or maybe that's just a configuration thing (i.e. it allows you to make it weird but it also has the option of working the way most other Windows apps do) in which case that's fair enough.

Right, I've gotta get out of the house to go buy the new NIИ album that came out today (tomorrow in the USA) for £12. Despite buying his last five albums and turning a few dozen people on to his music, I don't get a free copy :(.

Darwin:
Right, I've gotta get out of the house to go buy the new NIИ album that came out today (tomorrow in the USA) for £12. Despite buying his last five albums and turning a few dozen people on to his music, I don't get a free copy .

--- End quote ---

Cheeky monkey  ;D

urlwolf:
Does anyone know if XYplorer can have a source code viewer with syntax highlighting like dopus (i.e., in the bottom half of the screen?). I find that really useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version