ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (42/50) > >>

Lefax32:
Thanks so much 4wd, that's awesome.  ;D

Just wondering can I assign that same function to ( left click = left lister / right click = right lister) to any button? eg on a button made to go to my favorite folder?

eta found it. Also, is there a thread here, or a forum somewhere, where people share buttons / commands that they have made?

tomos:
[/i] Also, is there a thread here, or a forum somewhere, where people share buttons / commands that they have made?
-Lefax32 (October 09, 2009, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I suspect you will need to go to the Dopus forum for that (there's the odd tip scattered about here but not much really)

On the "Drives" toolbar:
- left click on a drive button opens in the left lister
- right click on a drive button opens in the right lister-Lefax32 (October 08, 2009, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes that's a correct interpretation. To do this, you need to add the 'multifunc' argument to the drives button.

Enter customize mode and you'll find the drives button shrinks down to a single item, edit that item so that the command is:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc

The multifunc argument will force the lister into dual mode if it's not already in it when you right click to open a drive.

There are a number of other arguments which can be used here, seperate them with a comma. For example, my hdd button is:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=hideempty,-ghmn,multifunc

Which does the following:

- Hides Empty Drives (usb etc)
- Filters out CD Drive  (they're shown on another toolbar for me)
-tanis424 (October 08, 2009, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
sounds great!

Lefax32:
Oh gosh oops, I only saw 4wd's reply when I posted my last.  :-[ I didn't see the posts by Innuendo and tanis424 which pretty much answered my new questions.  :-[
I was just reading tomis reply now, wondering where he quoted tanis from  :-[ :-[ :-[

Thanks guys for the help and sorry for not looking properly.

And thanks tanis that info is great. I got the multifunc to work on the drives, just wondering can that be applied to a favorites folder to get the right click/left click actions, somthing like this :

Go "v:media"=multifunc  

or does multifunc only apply to drives?

btw 4wd I love the ideas of your drive bar. I set the root menu up to add program files / program files x86 / program data as well. Love it, thanks for sharing.  :P

tanis424:
The multifunc is only for Drive buttons. You can easily create your own three way buttons which perform LMB/RMB/MMB functions. There are a number of tutorials and example buttons on the resource centre which should get you started.

The GO command has an OPENINDUAL argument, as well as OPENINLEFT/OPENINRIGHT. The OPENINDUAL arg will perform pretty much as the multifunc in that the lister will be forced into DUAL mode by it.

You could set up the 3 button as follows:

LMB
Go "V:\Media"
RMB
Go "V:\Media" OPENINDUAL

or

LMB
Go "V:\Media" OPENINLEFT
RMB
Go "V:\Media" OPENINRIGHT

Lefax32:
Thanks for the help tanis that works exactly as I was after.  :Thmbsup: