ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (40/50) > >>

Nudel:
While you might not have been able to post to zaines blog, there is probably a reason. I would delete comments by someone who seems to have an insatiable interest in my own reviews.-Josh (April 01, 2008, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Please have a look through the history of this thread before you judge my word vs Zaine's word, and to get an understanding of how Zaine has been antagonistic towards Opus. Surely you can understand me being annoyed at this? Wouldn't you be annoyed if someone kept dragging something you liked through the mud unfairly and without reason?

I am sorry, but this type of posting (which you seem to do repeatedly) actually hurts DOpus and it's reputation as it makes you appear desperate to have to debunk any and all negative comments.
--- End quote ---
I don't debunk "any and all negative comments," I debug false and unfair comments. If you disagree please show me an example where I've done otherwise. :( Even within this very thread I have confirmed several things that Opus can't do or doesn't do as well as other things. I don't claim Opus is perfect and nor do I try to silence anyone who says they think something else is better for their needs. I went out of my way to make that clear earlier in the thread and I've done my best to be helpful with people's questions regarding Opus in this thread and elsewhere... It's just that Zaine's constant BS makes my blood boil, TBH.

Josh:
I would be annoyed yes, but posting to a forum which has nothing to do with zaine's comments it inappropriate. Surely you would be annoyed if you saw someone post a personal grievance against another user in a way that is unnecessary and draws unneeded attention to something that can be handled privately?

Dormouse:
I would be annoyed yes, but posting to a forum which has nothing to do with zaine's comments it inappropriate. Surely you would be annoyed if you saw someone post a personal grievance against another user in a way that is unnecessary and draws unneeded attention to something that can be handled privately?-Josh (April 01, 2008, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the point is that it is in public and not private. The issues about Zaine's comments on Dopus and XYplorer and the loss of comments made to his blog have been raised previously in this topic.

tbh, I'm not sure that Zaine is doing much for XYplorer by carping on about his views on Dopus.

Josh:
Yes, but do they really need to be brought to DC? If Nudel has something against ZR, then I think that needs to be handled with him and not on the public forum of DC in an attempt to solicit a response here. This is hardly the most appropriate place.

Nudel:
Handling it privately doesn't add any balance to what he keeps saying in public. That's the problem. I've tried posting comments on his blog. None of them make it through or get a reply. I've never been more rude to Zaine than he has been rude to Opus, so I don't see any reason for him not to publish my comments and questions/challenges about what he has written, but he either chooses not to or fails to configure his blog properly.

He keeps saying stupid things no matter what, so I doubt a private message would make him change his ways. I know he reads here, and other people who know him read here, so my choices are either to ignore what he says or post about it here. Or to start my own public blog purely for the sake of debunking what Zaine says on his, I suppose; but isn't it better to reply to someone's comments in a place where people who read those comments are likely to see?

Usually I just try to ignore it, but sometimes I feel like I have to say _something_.

Anyway, this sub-thread is probably going to annoy uninterested people even more, so I'll shut up now.

PS: Josh, you replied to me in public here rather than sending me a PM. Maybe you understand why I am responding to Zaine in public more than you think? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version