ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9

<< < (25/50) > >>

Nudel:
An update (Opus 9.0.0.1) just came out.
-Nudel (May 07, 2007, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Strange - 'Check for updates' doesn't find this - do you have to manually download and install this update?
-Carol Haynes (May 07, 2007, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's probably a manual download for now.

GPSoft usually put stuff on the automatic updater a little while after the release. I don't know if that's to spread out the server load or if it's to give a few early adopters a chance to spot problems before suggesting the update to everyone. (People who aren't enthusiastically checking the forums every day would probably be irritated if they kept being prompted to install minor updates that fix things they didn't care about. Lagging the automatic updates helps strike the balance between not making people install updates every day and being responsive to problems/requests that people bring up.)

Firefox updates seem to work the same way, FWIW. The auto-update usually lags behind the website by a few days in my experience.

cthorpe:
I would like to select it, press a hotkey (or use a context menu) and create an archive named "temp 20070427.zip".-Nomadin (April 27, 2007, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
An update (Opus 9.0.0.1) just came out which addresses this:

- The Copy ZIP and ADDTOZIP commands can now accept the CREATEFOLDER argument to specify the name of the destination Zip file

So you can use this to zip the selected folder into "temp <todaysdate>.zip" in the current folder:

Copy ZIP HERE CREATEFOLDER="temp {date|yyyyMMdd}"
-Nudel (May 07, 2007, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Huzzah!  I fought with Opus for hours when I first got version 8 to try to do this.  Thanks for the heads up!

Carl

Hirudin:
Could this whole ADS not being copied business have anything to do with the following option in Opus?

Nudel:
Could this whole ADS not being copied business have anything to do with the following option in Opus?-Hirudin (May 07, 2007, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you turn that on then Opus should copy them. It still won't (currently) display them in the corresponding columns (since they're for Office files only in Opus, unless ADS support was added and I forgot) but it won't lose them either.

moerl:
I have to say DOpus 9 is the best version ever, easily. The preferences have been cleaned up TREMENDOUSLY. For someone who spent quite a while in the preferences in v8 trying to figure shit out and just never knowing if I had everything set the way I liked it.. v9 is just beautiful. New icons everywhere, a far better structure with a tree on the left that auto-collapses as you move to a different section in the prefs (just like in UltraEdit) and overall better and clearer language. Also.. has anyone tried the filter search in the preferences? That's gotta be the best implementation of preferences filter search I've ever seen. It finds all instances of the word for you and even highlights it everywhere it appears with this read, semi-transparent box with round corners. It just kicks ass.
I had my doubts about DOpus this time around.. I loved v8 but just hated dealing with the million tons of clutter in the preferences that I found made it very hard to make the right choices in setting the Opus up the way you like. Now all that crap is gone and everything is cleaned up and beautiful. I'm very, very impressed. I have not even checked out all the sweet new features, hell I don't even know what's new anymore.. I'm just happy DOpus is kicking so much ass again. Seriously. I'm a licensed XPlorer2 customer too, but I always found XPlorer2 lacking somehow. I could never quite point my finger at what it was.. but I had this feeling. One thing that I never liked is how in the preferences, they'd say "you can tweak more stuff in this settings file". How user-friendly is that? I know only the most advanced of users would probably even consider looking in that config file.. but come on. If you're going to give me options, give them to me in an accessible way.

DOpus does this too, except in a much friendlier way. You can access a longish list of all sorts of additional settings, but that list is integrated into the preferences directly. You can view and edit it right there, which is just the way it should be.

So.. can anyone point out what you find to be the most notable changes from v8? I just installed it late last night and have had no chance to really check it all out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version