ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer Update Coming -- Express your feature requests here!

<< < (12/17) > >>

Tekzel:
I accidently posted this in the wrong thread, removed it and am reposting here, where I meant to post in the first place:

PT doesn't currently support multicore processors, correct?  If not:

Multicore processor support :)  The ability to automatically adjust processor affinity for busy apps would be cool.

Something else I thought would be cool.  The ability to enable a skinnable window that is very light weight, no borders, adjustable transparency, adjustable columns, that shows the current top x number of busy processes.  Maybe with the ability to switch between that view and histogram view with a toggle icon.  Also how about two different histograms, one showing different cores with different graphs like taskmanager, and "combined" histogram that has one graph with different lines indicating different processor cores.

Ralf Maximus:
It doesn't support multi-core processors?  Really?  It *seems* to be taming processes that exceed 50% (use of an entire core on a dual system, more or less).

If not, then I want that.  :-)

Tekzel:
It doesn't support multi-core processors?  Really?  It *seems* to be taming processes that exceed 50% (use of an entire core on a dual system, more or less).

If not, then I want that.  :-)
-Ralf Maximus (October 10, 2007, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I remember a discussion a while back where Mouser said it didn't, not sure if that was added between then and now though, thats why I indicated I wasn't sure at the start.

Grorgy:
Yeah, I'm with Tekzel on the multi processor bit, that would be good.  I have to admit i dont really care what it looks like as i never look at it  :-[, it sits around and does its stuff quietly.  I watched it tame for a while till the novelty wore off and I could see it was working, now all i do is sometimes tweak a program or 2 or slightly change the cut in setting.

I'd hate to see it grow into something that will itself need taming tho.

mouser:
Multi-core should work as tekzel says, but i really want to add ability to set processor affinities, etc.  it's been planned r for a while just not gotten to it yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version