ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer Update Coming -- Express your feature requests here!

<< < (7/17) > >>

mouser:
strange, pt works fine on vista as far as i can tell..

justice:
It works fine on Vista, provided that UAC is switched off.
With UAC switched on, there's no way to get it working (although pt is running), even running as administrator and with compatibility settings it either doesn't see any processes, or sees it but can't change any priorities (admin/xp2 compatibility respectively).

mouser:
maybe all it needs is a manifest saying that pt must run with admin privileges.

Curt:
Feature Request:

A little more options in "Explicit Rule" => Force above High (16)
- or maybe even a scale with many figures?

For some reason the new RealPlayer 11 Beta will not play all steady when forced to the normal "High" (13), but will do hiccups and apparently needs a little more power reserved, say 16 - "Real Time" (24) is just too much for this, I think.

- please?  :tellme:

Cavalcader:
For some reason the new RealPlayer 11 Beta will not play all steady when forced to the normal "High" (13), but will do hiccups and apparently needs a little more power reserved, say 16 -Curt (August 07, 2007, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is that safe? I realize I don't know your specific situation, but in general it would seem better to reduce the priority of less-important apps. Any priority above 8-13 starts to run the risk of impacting critical system processes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version