ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Bugs 'n' suggestion

<< < (12/12)

AbteriX:
In Templates :

my Default File Name is   "ss%num% %productname% - %windowtitle%"-gottadoit (August 31, 2005, 08:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

If "ss%num% %productname% - %windowtitle%" longer than 260 chars .... (API function   WritePrivateProfileString)

gottadoit, is your productname + windowtitle such as long ?

gottadoit:
The initial filename pattern I chose could have been, but for the problem I posted about I doubt it

Another way to describe (part of my) problem :
  - during a number of screen shots *of the same window*  (actually it was a few windows but this was also true)
  - some of them didn't get saved to a file  *but did get picked up by captor*

That does tend to help eliminate it being a simple bug based on the length of the string....
I suspect that mouser would have found and corrected that within a few minutes of my posting if that was all it was

mouser:
it could be string length or some other filename issue.

basically screenshot captor saves all its captures to disk, it doeesn't try to keep them in memory.

and currently (i am fixing it now), it does not report an error on file save.

what most certainly was happening with you is it was having an error when it tried to save the file and was not complaining, just discarding the image after the failed file save attempt.

in next version it will complain if it cant save the file, so that should clear that up.

i will also attempt to truncate file names so that file name length isnt an issue.

gottadoit:
great, its a nice program and the update will be appreciated

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version