ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

Gridmove - feature request

(1/2) > >>

brett:
Hi JGPaiva

Gridmove has inspired this idea/request.

This would mainly be beneficial to twin monitors.
in short, the right monitor show a preview of all applications active, and the left monitor is the work area.

Most of my work is predominantly done on the left monitor, and the right for reference and keeping a eye on different apps.

What I would like -
- to have a grid on the right monitor, and a full screen on the left.
- the grid on the right auto detects apps that are open and grids accordingly (2x2, 3x2, 3, 3x4 custom etc)
- when a new application is started, become full screen on left, and existing full screen is swapped to right and new grid shown.
- when i select a window on the right grid, it automatically expands and swaps to full screen on the left
- when a swap occurs, the app that was full screen (left) is now shown on the right screen in the grid.(swaps position)
- selection of grid windows by mouse or shortcut, ie ctrl-alt-3 would swap left monitor with grid no#3 window
a quick dc irc discussion suggested this could be done by a 'gridmove command' that when activated would automatically swap with the biggest grid location. thus allowing single screen users a similar function.

if this is not entirely clear, just let me know and I will try some mockup screen shots etc.

this might also be a entirely new application, but it fits the 'gridmove' feel and functionality

Brett

jgpaiva:
Hi Bret!

You mean having something like Mac's Exposé on one screen and the normal work on the other one?

brett:
Hmmmm,,,
never used a mac, but i can see why they beat their chest.
That looks nice.

Yes, a preview of all open apps on the right, a working area on the left
previews have a small number hint displayed

Brett

jgpaiva:
I can see what you mean, but unfortunatelly, i have no way to do it. I can't reproduce windows or make a preview of them, only move the window itself.
There are a bunch of expose-alikes for windows, though. I've tried Winplosion and it was pretty good! It has changed owners, though, not sure if it's still the same or better.

tinjaw:
I can't reproduce windows or make a preview of them, only move the window itself.
-jgpaiva (April 08, 2007, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
jgpaiva,
I think the latter is what he wants. Lets say you have 10 apps. You have a 3x3 grid on monitor 2 and a single 1x1 on monitor 1. As you do WIN + 0 you get Application #10 on the 1x1 and numbers 1-9 on the 3x3. When you do WIN + 5 you get Application #5 on the 1x1 and  1-4 + 6-10 on the 3x3. Etc.

Here is a screen mock up:

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version