ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sumatra PDF Viewer is cool, thin, and open-source

<< < (2/7) > >>

springro:
Foxit does paste some text over the page if you save it in the free version.  But, most of the time I print out a single copy and then save it for record keeping.  If I need to start doing more than that, I think the $39 is well worth what you get.

Thanks for the note on the dll!

Rob

urlwolf:
No copy function? Bummer.
I'm still waiting for a simple pdf application that can do proper copy and highlighting (saving the changes; foxit doesn't understand 2-column text for highlighting/copying!) without having to pay $$$ for acrobat.

Since Sumatra is OS, do you think there is a chance we can mob together and donate some $$ to the project so the author implements these?

I'd rather give $39 to an OS developer than buying foxit, since sumatra can be redistributed for free (many people would benefit). What do you think?

Darwin:
Nice idea urlwolf - sign me up. I didn't mention that I have had issues with FoxIt Reader with respect to copying - itwilloftencopytextwiththespacesremoved, which is quite annoying! Anyway, I'd be happy to donate to the project to see where it can be taken  :up:

Hirudin:
I've been using Foxit for a while as well. I like it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into payware soon.

Anyone know of any simple readers that also have plugins for web browsers?

mwb1100:
Just to buck the trend here, I'm still using Adobe Reader (7.0), and I'm pretty happy with it.  I use a small freeware utility called ar-speedup to turn off useless crap that slows down the load time: 

http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/software/index.php?type=supported&id=7F7290B5

I have no problems with copying data to the clipboard, and I think Adobe Reader's search functionality is great.  I like being able to see a list of matches with a tiny bit of context instead of being forced to jump to each of them.

My only gripe is that it has a habit of changing the zoom on the document when I click on it for no apparent reason that I can figure out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version