ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is is possible to flip the display in real time?

<< < (4/5) > >>

insert_nick:
EDIT: Although, after having tried it, (and the attendant reversed mousing), it's actually 180deg rotation not flipping.
-4wd (February 15, 2012, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, rotation is quite usual. Flipping (for use with mirror) is not.

4wd:
Can you tell us what it's for?

eg. If it's to display text mirror-imaged you might have more luck looking for autocue or teleprompter software.  Google

Here's something to try: Image Mirror
This application displays a mirror image of the pc screen in real-time. It's useful to draw symmetric images on pc screen.
But this software has no capability to draw pictures. You must use an anothor software to draw pictures besides this software. (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Paint, etc...)
--- End quote ---

insert_nick:
No, that wouldn't work.
It's for painting with my graphic tablet under a glass-like surface positioned with a 45 degrees inclination next to a 90 degrees rotated monitor.
The virtual image of the lcd screen lays on the graphic tablet, but the real display should be flipped horizontally in order to see it correctly in the virtual image, and to match the movements of the pen on the tablet.

EDIT: there was no link to Image Mirror while I was writing. I'll look at it.

insert_nick:
Here's something to try: Image Mirror-4wd (February 15, 2012, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Uhm, not exactly what I need, but maybe I could try it with a two monitors extended desktop setup...

4wd:
Another one to try: Mirrorimage
You need dual monitors for this one.
MirrorImage is a cool program that will view any window in a x flipped mirror view, for use in AutoCue systems or any display that requires a mirror image. The best use is to just type in the windows title of the window you wish to use in the text input box, then hit start. A new window will appear with the contents flipped. You can resize the window in real time or maximize it, but you must always have the source window on top.
The best way to use this is to place the source window on screen #1, (if you have dual display) and place the new mirrored window on display #2, which would be your TVOUT display as a secondary display , but not a clone of the desktop.
To swap between two source windows, just hit the LEFT mouse button in the output mirror window.
--- End quote ---

Note, these programs might not have been written with Vista/7's WDDM in mind probably more for the old GDI way of doing things, ie. XP and prior.

Then again, you do get source code with this one and maybe one of our DC super-coders can convince it to work on Vista/7 if it doesn't ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version