ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Zentimo/USB Safely Remove - Are they needed anymore?

<< < (5/5)

4wd:
Giveawayoftheday became GiveawayofTHATday. They still gave you a free piece of software that was not able to be upgraded, but it was wrapped in a proprietary installer that only allowed you to install that piece of software on the day it was given away.-Innuendo (February 12, 2012, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are very easy ways around that you know.

Choosing Rubles gives one a 50% discount off of $33.10 to leave one with a net price of $16.55, which just happens to be charged in US dollars to your credit card (I don't know why) saving you the expense of foreign transaction fees as well.
--- End quote ---

Either they've fixed it or you get a better deal not being in Australia, the values I get are straight conversions from US dollars.

In fact, after trawling through a mix of Billable and Other currencies, they are all roughly direct conversions from the US price.

wraith808:
I find personally find Zentimo very useful. but less for safe removal than for managing multiple removable devices. 
-xtabber (February 12, 2012, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

This.  Especially since if you rename something, names persist.  And automagically running something when the drive is inserted.

Innuendo:
4wd, you are correct. They fixed it. Hopefully, not till after a few of my fellow DCers took advantage of the deal, though.  :D

These companies really should hire me as a consultant to beat on their shopping carts, discount codes, etc. I will confess that I will go to absurd lengths to get the best deal I possibly can. I see it as a challenge to my reputation and very seldom have I been bested. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version