ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows XP Annoyance: ToolTip pop-ups

<< < (4/8) > >>

Cpilot:
Yeah well balloontips are easy to disable, there's tips and tweaks and scripts all over the web to do so.
Tooltips are another matter.
I haven't seen any negative effects from this program but like all other things out there use at your own risk.
Personally I've found and disabled way more annoying stuff than tooltips but...to each their own.

PhilB66:
Hello, sorry for jumping in but I have a related question...Does anyone know what's the maximum visible time for tooltips and how to modify it?

Thanks,

PhilB

Cpilot:
Hello, sorry for jumping in but I have a related question...Does anyone know what's the maximum visible time for tooltips and how to modify it?

Thanks,

PhilB
-PhilB66 (April 07, 2007, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tooltips have a 5 second visibility.
Here's MSDN's all about Tooltips

PhilB66:

Thanks,

PhilB
-PhilB66 (April 07, 2007, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tooltips have a 5 second visibility.
Here's MSDN's all about Tooltips
-Cpilot (April 07, 2007, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tnx. for the link.

Curt:
I have the opposite problem. I lose my tooltips periodically, systemwide. I thought this was a 9x specific problem for a long time and then I got XP and found out that isn't the case.

I don't just lose them on the taskbar...I lose them for everything.-app103 (April 06, 2007, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

April, if you loose the tooltips again, you will most likely be able to make them come back if you dis- and en- able the feature by using X-Setup Pro 9 in Classic mode > Appearance > Explorer > Content Display Settings > Explorer /Desktop ToolTip Options.

You can try the program for free and keep any new settings after the trial. Over time I have tried the program several times without buying it, though I liked it a lot, but with Pro 9 I found the new feature "Windows Programs" so helpful that this time I bought it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version