ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows XP Annoyance: ToolTip pop-ups

<< < (3/8) > >>

Cpilot:
Also as an aside, for those little annoyances that everyone seems so flustered by you can peruse this website.
Annoyances.org

dlabrecque:
Do you mean tooltips or Balloontips?
-Cpilot (April 06, 2007, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could you explain the difference? I'm specifically talking about the little tips that pop up nearly immediately over any icon in the  Task Bar when I hover over it.
-dlabrecque (April 07, 2007, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Google is your friend.
Here's a little application at the "Code Project" that will eliminate tooltips by using a system wide hook.
You'll have to create a free account to download it.
Once installed go the folder it's installed in and run the program.
KillTT: No More Tooltips!

Apparently tested on WinXP.

Have fun.
-Cpilot (April 07, 2007, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Want to be sure I'm disabling the right kind of tip. Could you kindly describe the difference between the kinds? Thanks.  :)

I'm only annoyed by the ones popping up in the various sections of my task bar.

FYI... I tried the registry tweak (manually). It didn't work.  :(

tinjaw:
I suggest posting a screen grab of what you want to eliminate. (Be sure to crop it down to just the area concerned.) That will go a long way in helping us help you.

Cpilot:
Do you mean tooltips or Balloontips?
-Cpilot (April 06, 2007, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could you explain the difference? I'm specifically talking about the little tips that pop up nearly immediately over any icon in the  Task Bar when I hover over it.
-dlabrecque (April 07, 2007, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Google is your friend.
Here's a little application at the "Code Project" that will eliminate tooltips by using a system wide hook.

Apparently tested on WinXP.

Have fun.
-Cpilot (April 07, 2007, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Want to be sure I'm disabling the right kind of tip. Could you kindly describe the difference between the kinds? Thanks.  :)

I'm only annoyed by the ones popping up in the various sections of my task bar.

FYI... I tried the registry tweak (manually). I didn't work.  :(
-dlabrecque (April 07, 2007, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
A tooltip is usually rectangular, a balloontip is like a comicbook characters speaking balloon.
Try the link I posted. If those ain't the right ones than I don't know what to tell you, it's either/or.
Disabling them ain't a permanent thing so give it a shot. What do you got to lose?

cthorpe:
I suggest posting a screen grab of what you want to eliminate. (Be sure to crop it down to just the area concerned.) That will go a long way in helping us help you.
-tinjaw (April 07, 2007, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the original poster is wanting to disable these:

Apparently tested on WinXP.-Cpilot
--- End quote ---

That seems to do the trick.  Not sure if there are any negative effects, but it does get rid of the tooltips.

Edit: forget the attachment  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version