ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows XP Annoyance: ToolTip pop-ups

<< < (2/8) > >>

dlabrecque:
...If I ever find out why I lose them, I will be sure to let you know so you can do it on purpose (and I can fix my prob once & for all).  :D
-app103 (April 06, 2007, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

:P   Thanks.  :D 

cthorpe:
Had a very slow day at work today, so I've been looking for an answer to this for awhile.  So far, it looks like it may not be possible.  In fact, I've come across quite a few instances of people asking for the same thing, and the general consensus each time is that it can't be done.
 :(

Cpilot:
Had a very slow day at work today, so I've been looking for an answer to this for awhile.  So far, it looks like it may not be possible.  In fact, I've come across quite a few instances of people asking for the same thing, and the general consensus each time is that it can't be done.
 :(
-cthorpe (April 06, 2007, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Do you mean tooltips or Balloontips?
If it's balloontips annoying you then copy this script and name it with a .vbs extension.
Run it.
Restart your computer and they should be disabled.

--- ---Option Explicit

On Error Resume Next

Dim WSHShell, n, p, itemtype, MyBox

Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

p = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\EnableBalloonTips"

itemtype = "REG_DWORD"

n = WSHShell.RegRead (p)

errnum = Err.Number

if errnum <> 1 then

WSHShell.RegWrite p, 0, itemtype

End If

If n = 0 Then

WshShell.RegWrite p, 1, itemtype

MyBox = MsgBox("Balloon Tips are now ENABLED", 64, "Show or Hide Balloon Tips")

End If

If n = 1 Then

WshShell.Regwrite p, 0, itemtype

MyBox = MsgBox("Balloon Tips are now DISABLED", 64, "Show or Hide Balloon Tips")

End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

dlabrecque:
-Cpilot (April 06, 2007, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could you explain the difference? I'm specifically talking about the little tips that pop up nearly immediately over any icon in the  Task Bar when I hover over it.

Cpilot:
-Cpilot (April 06, 2007, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could you explain the difference? I'm specifically talking about the little tips that pop up nearly immediately over any icon in the  Task Bar when I hover over it.
-dlabrecque (April 07, 2007, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Google is your friend.
Here's a little application at the "Code Project" that will eliminate tooltips by using a system wide hook.
You'll have to create a free account to download it.
Once installed go the folder it's installed in and run the program.
KillTT: No More Tooltips!

Apparently tested on WinXP.

Have fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version