ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Configuring wordweb to search from FARR

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
great! i think i better split this thread off so others can find this trick..

lanux128:
yes, it's a good idea.. we were heading off-topic, anyway.. :)

thomthowolf:
An easier (at least to me) solution was to make sure that the installer put wweb32.dll into the C:\WINDOWS\system32\  directory.  In my case  it hadn't, but the .dll was in the intallation folder (C:\Program Files\WordWeb)  I copied it over and the thing works a treat.  Thanks, Mouser, this is another useful tool added to FARR with almost no effort on my part. :Thmbsup: :D

lanux128:
... to make sure that the installer put wweb32.dll into the C:\WINDOWS\system32\  directory...-thomthowolf (April 07, 2007, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

ok, now i see what the "portable app" function does.. thanks for the tip, thomthowolf  :)

Nighted:
WordWeb isn't very portable unless you have wweb32.dll installed on the host machine. Too bad you find this out only after having tried the portable install on a machine without this library.  >:(

It does work if you copy this into the directory of the portable install. However, this is very odd considering this SHOULD be done automatically by the installer when choosing the portable install in the first place!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version