ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

J. River Media Center: Awesome for music, great for video, and good for pics

<< < (3/3)

GHammer:
You know? foobar is an ok player, good ripper, adequate tagger.
Do I use it? Sometime, not often. Why? Because I like DirectX plugins. Because I like to hear some of my favorites mixed with little played tunes. Because I like cover art.
I use Media Center 12 because it is the best all round tool for audio, does a good job with video, and is also good with images. I can even share pics with a click or two.
I can stream with it, playback different things in different zones, rip, tag, edit, whatnot.

On my system playing a mix of MP3, Wavpack, and FLAC I see 8%-13% CPU and that is with a quite greedy DirectX plugin in the sound path.

To say I'd give up the finest media tool because of some problems in a forum would be silly, IMO.

I can safely say I have used every media app that supports my formats. None compare.
The closest in audio has been WinAMP with appropriate plugins. But I have always returned to JRMC.

sauzee:
J River Media Center is incredibly powerful. For those with large media libraries, I don't think it can be topped.

iphigenie:
I have about 60G of music and media center handles it just fine. The dynamic playlists (eg: "50 tunes from genre a, b, or c, which I havent heard for a month" or "50 of my top rated pop tunes but none from artist x") are a good feature, since I cannot be bothered to hand craft playlists

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version