ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

slenderFARR - a new skin for FARR

<< < (4/10) > >>

rbeeger:
rebeeger,
with this skin, can you move FARR window? If not, how do you propose this can be done?

Also, is there a way to control the font size, color, background color in FARR's window?
-cnewtonne (April 11, 2007, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
There is a small caption bar at the top of the window. You can click on it and move the window around. To aim at that region with your mouse cursor can be quite challenging. Move the cursor to the top of the window until the resize cursor appears. Move the cursor a very little bit down until it changes back to a normal cursor then press the left mouse button and move the window.
There is a simpler method for changing the location of the window. Resize it on all four sides until it takes up the place you want.
I know that this would be horrible for a skin used in other applications, but since I normally don't move FARR's window, I don't think it's a big pain.

Cheers,
  Robert

cnewtonne:
what about the 2ns part of my inquiry?

mouser:
ps.
the newest farr does not use skins on the option dialogs so the problem regarding the skin in the options is not relevant for now.

Nod5:
This skin is really slick.

One idea to make it even more minimal: add an option to make the "help" and "options" icons normally invisible but visible when the mouse pointer is held over them.

edit:
It could be even more minimal if there is some way to make the horizontal dividing lines between the input box and the match list and between the match list and status bar invisible. And remove the black border for the FARR window.

It would be really cool if it was possible to through the above and through transparency minimize the GUI so that it on launch only displays a blinking caret somewhere on the screen, waiting for input!  8) BTW, is there some way to make the caret itself more bold? I have set "Arial bold 14" for the input box and the caret looks a bit to thin in comparison to the typed characters.

rbeeger:
I created a variant that doesn't have a border around the window. I still prefer the original variant, but it wasn't a big problem to modify the skin. So here it is. You'll find it in the first post of this thread.

Unfortunately it isn't possible for a skin to make any of the other adjustments proposed by you.

Cheers,
  Robert

This skin is really slick.

One idea to make it even more minimal: add an option to make the "help" and "options" icons normally invisible but visible when the mouse pointer is held over them.

edit:
It could be even more minimal if there is some way to make the horizontal dividing lines between the input box and the match list and between the match list and status bar invisible. And remove the black border for the FARR window.

It would be really cool if it was possible to through the above and through transparency minimize the GUI so that it on launch only displays a blinking caret somewhere on the screen, waiting for input!  8) BTW, is there some way to make the caret itself more bold? I have set "Arial bold 14" for the input box and the caret looks a bit to thin in comparison to the typed characters.

-Nod5 (January 11, 2008, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version