ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

slenderFARR - a new skin for FARR

(1/10) > >>

rbeeger:
Hi,

I created a new skin for FARR.  It's meant to be minimalistic or well ... slender  :)

[attach=#1][/attach]

It's also meant to be used with transparency switched on.
Since it's tuned for FARR's popup window, there are some usability issues in the configuration windows of FARR:

* The close icon is very small and hard to aim at. That's because the title bar of the window is very small and I didn't want to see a dominating  close button on the popup window. The close icon also only appears when the mouse is over it. It is in the top right corner.
* Text input fields don't have any borders. That's because I wanted the text input field in the popup to be borderless.@mouser: Would it be possible to have an option to define a skin for the popup and another for the other windows. I would provide a version of this skin without the usability problems for use on those other windows.

The screenshot shows FARR with disabled status bar, disabled tool bar and hidden column headers. The column headers are also skinned. So if you like to have them visible, that should be no problem.

To install the skin copy the skn file contained in the attached zip file to FARR's skin folder and then select it in FARR configuration on the "Display"-page. To get around the mentioned usability problems, you can temporarily change to another skin, make your changes to the configuration and return to slenderFARR before closing the configuration.

Enjoy,
  Robert

2008-01-12 : Added border less variant.

mouser:
coooooool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

May I add this to the set of skins installed by default with FARR ?

Regarding the usability issues.. Perhaps i can make a special exception to turn of this skin while configuring the options.

jgpaiva:
Beautiful!!!
It'll be my default skin from now on :D

rbeeger:
coooooool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

May I add this to the set of skins installed by default with FARR ?
-mouser (April 01, 2007, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure,I'd be honored to have my skin added to the default set of skins  :Thmbsup:

Regarding the usability issues.. Perhaps i can make a special exception to turn of this skin while configuring the options.
-mouser (April 01, 2007, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's probably a solution. Typically the configuration windows aren't used that often. So they can stay unskinned.

cnewtonne:
nice work. It is my default skin now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version